Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vc10man

OH Panel Freezing

Prior to any of the Hotfixes#1,#2,or #3 I had no issues whatsoever. Foolishly,against my better judgement,after installing all the Hotfixes and still running error-free-freeze up-free,I downloaded the latest Base Package v 2922 which is supposed to incorporate all those Hotfixes,etc,etc.And now,I will get to the taxi-ing stage,go to the OH panel to switch on main landing lights,and the whole OH panel just freezes-up.I can use the A key to cycle through the 2D to VC modes,but that is all I can do.Back into 2D,still frozen out. Then it all of a sudden unfreezes,gives me a momentary access to the OH panel,then promptly re-freezes. Anyone else experiencing these kinds of lock-ups post-cumulative Base Package install? Pity I deleted the very original download,so cannot go back to it.

Rick Almeida

All good here with all the hotfixes installed. The only problem I have had is that the ENB Series mod does not like my 737 NGX. I thought that I would be un-happy without ENB but after a week now flying without it I dont miss it and as a added bonus no NGX issues at all. I run max scenery, normal autogen, 2x water, 80 nm cloud draw, 46% UT2 commercial traffic, no cars or airport vehicles, along with all the other must haves (GEX, UTX, FEX, FSrealWX) with very nice performance. I would get rid of ENB if you are using it and see if you have better luck. Jim

Jim Wenham

All good here with all the hotfixes installed. The only problem I have had is that the ENB Series mod does not like my 737 NGX. I thought that I would be un-happy without ENB but after a week now flying without it I dont miss it and as a added bonus no NGX issues at all. I run max scenery, normal autogen, 2x water, 80 nm cloud draw, 46% UT2 commercial traffic, no cars or airport vehicles, along with all the other must haves (GEX, UTX, FEX, FSrealWX) with very nice performance. I would get rid of ENB if you are using it and see if you have better luck. Jim
Thanks for that suggestion,but I do not use ENB as that is from what I have gathered,only for Nvidia cards. What completely bamboozles me is that before any of the Hotfixes,I had already accumulated just over 100 hours without a hitch. Minute I install the upgrade from v 2855 to v2922,wham,I get a lock-up. I reckon, I'll just park up this particular aircraft until it is thorougly sorted out as there are a good few posts herein with post-Hotfix issues.

Rick Almeida

Hey I'm curious, are the guys getting freezes using the Track IR? The reason I ask is because some times if you look up or somehow your view position goes off and the view point happens to fall inside the head rest of the seat for example, it will prevent you from clicking on anything on the overhead panel. I really don't think this has anything to do with the hot fixes. I had the panel freeze issue the first time I tried to fly this airplane. I then tried the same flight again the next day and had no problems. I'm up to hot fix 3 and have had a couple of flights now without any issues at all. I have noticed though when my view point falls inside the head rest I can't click on anything on the overhead panel. When this happens I simply reset my view and everthing starts to work again. Check it out guys. See Yah! Ray Lemus

Ray Lemus

Have you run a defrag after installin NGX?
@JImDefrag regularly.@RayNo Track IR. Add-ons running:MT2010;FSUPIC;Airport add-ons;not everything maxed;EFB Now,oddly enough,after that freeze-up,I was about to sling the 737NGX into the trash can and be done with it,when I decided to uninstall everything related to the 737NGX,purge the Registry,etc,etc.Then not being able to locate the original download exe file at the time of purcahse 3 weeks back,re-installed with the latest v2922 file,re-installed all the liveries,ran the same flight,and unbelieveably,everything from gate to gate ran smoothly.So,I'm rather astounded why in one scenario I was getting the OH panel freeze-ups lasting 20-40 secs and then in the next scenario runs as smoothly as engine oil!!

Rick Almeida

You wil l get the freeze again. I can go three or four flights with no issues and then bam, right after landing and turning off the taxiway, panel freezes. I can still throttle up the engines but that is it. Search panel freeze as there is a large thread going on about this. Like I just posted in another thread, pmdg so far has refused to acknowledge this problem in the forum.

Eric Fisher  

You wil l get the freeze again. I can go three or four flights with no issues and then bam, right after landing and turning off the taxiway, panel freezes. I can still throttle up the engines but that is it. Search panel freeze as there is a large thread going on about this. Like I just posted in another thread, pmdg so far has refused to acknowledge this problem in the forum.
Hi Eric Thanks for that.Much as I felt elated that I had a perfect platform,I am under no illusions that this nirvana will last, as like you,any minute I expect to run into a Post-Hotfix 1-3 issue of some kind,specially to do with the 2D and VC panels.And like you,I cannot understand why these issues which are not all that isolated,as has been seen within this Forum,were not addressed in the Beta testing stages. I only wish that PMDG would make that original Base Package v2xxx available again as I follishly did not make a back-up. At least I knew that was rock-solid stable.I'd go back to it like a shot,and forget all these so-called Hotfixes.much as they have been advocated by PMDG.

Rick Almeida