Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Another CTD on final! :(

I keep getting fatal errors on final too, with PMDG_737NGX.DLL being the dll causing it. Any ideas? It also seems to happen when I'm doing something on the FMC..
Ive had this twice in 3 flights with the same dll file.
Hello, I have already asked before but no reply from anyone. I don't know how to get the crash report to understand and analyze what was the matter that led to a FSX CTD. You are speaking about the .dll module and some users here have written down their report but I cannot get them. Every time FSX crash down it restarts without any report, could you help me please?
Riccardo, you need to look in "event viewer" what operating system are you using?

Ive had this twice in 3 flights with the same dll file. Riccardo, you need to look in "event viewer" what operating system are you using?
Thanks Simon. I use Seven 64bit.So the report does not come when FSX closes?
type reliab in the field which pops up when pressing Startselect the line View reliability history
Just tried with my work laptop (not the FSX running machine) but nothing happens. Is it maybe an application only available on Vista/Seven OS?

For my 2 bits worth, for what it's worth, anybody having CTD's I would recommend lowering my FSX settings to the absolute minimum and see if a flight is successful. Assuming it is I'd then be looking at increasing the settings until such time as I again get CTD's. Only my opinion.......

For my 2 bits worth, for what it's worth, anybody having CTD's I would recommend lowering my FSX settings to the absolute minimum and see if a flight is successful. Assuming it is I'd then be looking at increasing the settings until such time as I again get CTD's. Only my opinion.......
I don't agree, but you opinion is respected. I think that increasing video/graphics setting could lead to some OOMs but not to a generic "fatal error" or a CTD. My opinion...

The strange thing with me is that I'll have random flights that I can fully complete with no crash.. most of the time I can fly in to the UK with no problems but trying to land anywhere else and everything locks up.. Hypnotized.gif

I was on finals to EHAM, about 5 mile out and it just locked up.Weird though I had no control over the engines, I was able to move the dials and change settings, but it just locked me in a straight lineand I was forced to land on the grass between the runways......lol This is the first time this has happened and I have also installed Hotfix 3 when it came out.I never had this issue prior to the 3rd hotfix.
Yesterday night I had exactly the same behaviour at touch down at a flight from SBGL-SBPA. I could hear the 'clicks' on main panel but the switches didn't move neither change anything. I could move fuel valves at center console up and down but could not cut fuel. At overhead panel the switches move but no changes at lights and so on.
That is the so called "panel freeze" that many of us are experiencing. It happens to me as well. Without hotfixes, with hotfixes, and with the updated new full download. Here is a video of it happening to me: http://www.mediafire.com/?denjj96216d8mct

about me all AI traffic were lowered to 0%, while autogen density is set to very dense. I think, but this my opinion, that what you said (about the increase of video & graphics setting) could lead to a specific run out memory problem and not generate fatal errors or CTDs, isn't it right?
Hello Riccardo, Well, I had a CTD on final into KSEA with the ORBX scenery that I managed to eliminate by turning autogen way down. So it does seem to me that autogen issues can lead to other types of errors than OOMs. Initially I also had CTDs at a variety of addon airports, but after reducing autogen and traffic settings I've not had any further issues. So looking at those two settings in particular would be my recommendation.

I don't agree, but you opinion is respected. I think that increasing video/graphics setting could lead to some OOMs but not to a generic "fatal error" or a CTD. My opinion...
Give it a try Riccardo.....Nothing ventured, nothing gained. What's to lose?

Its also possible this has nothing to do with the NGX. It might simply be that he does not have the UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL Fix installed. FSX is notorious for this bug and without the .dll file after you right click your menus to many times will result in a crash to desktop. I used to have these all the time but after the uiautomationcore.dll fix I can't remember the last time I had a crash to desktop. There are many threads on it on the web. Search on Google for UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL Fix. Also seach on the HIGHMEMFIX=1 Fix as this is another common problem.

Sounds like panel freeze that users are talking about inn another thread. So far pmdg refuses to acknowledge it in the forum.

Eric 

Right!!! Think i have some Quality progress here regarding CTD's and on final!So after this morning having 3 ctd's on final approach i played around with some things and re read the introduction manual.I flew twice to LHBP this morning and had same ctd on approach. Also at EDDP. . Flew to LOWW with no problems, and just now completed a flight back to LHBP with NO problems on approach. This is what I did : 1. I removed the FSUIPC.cfg file from modules folder in fsx as stated in the introduction manual.2. I updated my video card to the latest driver3. I went trhough my fsx.config file and made sure everything suggested in the manual was there, and also did the config editor from the link in the intro manual ( i did this first time i installed 737bgx and had no probs till hotfix 3 - unisntalled and had base original bgx installed but still the ctd on approach happened. Not sure if this helps anyone but for me it has worked, I was initially suspecting it could have been the LHBP and EDDP scenerys from aerosoft, but after now landing back at LHBP with no probs that removes that out of the equation. I dont know which of the above 3 made it work.....but I will stick to this routine of removing fsuipc.cfg before each flight ( as it remakes itsself once u start fs). I didnt need to reduce autogen or dynamic scenery etc kept them as i have always had them since i got this pc = v high... Like I said hope this helps people.... Kye