Sign in to follow this  
JDHI

BAE4100 new install CTD

FSX Gold with Acceleration, 3Ghz quad-core, ATI Radeon with 512mb, 16Gb memory. I already have the 747-400 sim installed without issues. I just bought the BAE4100, installed it without issues, activated successfully and installed several repaints. All OK and all show up in my aircraft collection. The problem came when I loaded the aircraft for a flight. ( I used the American Airline paint scheme ) It never fully loads, but crashes short. This happened twice in a row on first startup. I did load the zip into a subfolder in my PMDG folder created by the 747 install. I didn't think that would be an issue.... Other than that, the install proceeded without problem. ThanksJD

Hmm I don't remember anything being Zipped with my installer..you talking about the American Airlines paint you downloaded? Best thing here I think is uninstall the J41 (sorry :(), make sure the AA paint is removed from what's left of the JS4100 Aircraft directory in the Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Reinstall the J41...just try it out with a default scheme and proceed from there. Standard questions apply as well - SP2 installed? Started from a default aircraft first w/ engines shut down? Getting any error messages or something along those lines?

There are no error messages and the installation is totally unremarkable. Very straightforward without touching a thing. Yes, I use the PMDG model & I've tried the unpainted model also. I dumped the paint files, uninstalled via the Installer, defragged, and re-installed. Same result. CTD loading the aircraft. I'm flying FSX with Accelerator. The PMDG 747-400X CDROM version is installed and works fine. I also fly the Level D 767-300 as my only other add on aircraft. I do use Radar Contact 4.3 and MyTraffic 5.3b. No other addon's. I run Windows 7 Home Premium on a 3.00GHz quad-core, 16GB RAM, with an ATI Radeon HD 5450 500mb video card. I've made several attempts and I'm feeling a mite discouraged. If this is just some weird non-resolvable incompatibility, can I trade it back for credit on the new 737 model...? Thanks for your help JD

Too me it sounds like something funky is livin in either the PMDG directory or in the Simobjects/airplanes/whatever the j41 directory is. Short of uninstalling fsx, I would suggest uninstalling all your PMDG addons, deleting and remnants of PMDG aircraft in the respective fsx folders, and then start an install of the J41. Try it out right after an install. If it works with default paints, then maybe try reinstalling your 747 etc.Couple other questions, are you using fsuipc at all for controls? Any weather addons? Maybe a corrupted navdata is causing issues. If all this fails file a support ticket and hopefully they can help you out.

OK, I uninstalled both the BAE4100 and the 747-400. I deleted all repaint for both and basically everything I brought up in a search "PMDG". I deleted all flights in the "Save" menu and all flight plans in the Flight Menu. I defragged and ran "chkdsk /f". I then ran FSX and a game 737 model for a full flight. It worked fine. My Level D 767-300 works fine. My 747-400X works fine. I then reinstalled the BAE4100..... CTD on loading the aircraft just as before. I have to admit my maturity became questionable for a moment here. I just cannot figure what the heck. I even deleted the original downloaded .zip file and re-downloaded a new one. Every time, it CTD's when I load the aircraft just after the picture appears. It never starts to rotate, so I guess it's failing to load completely. The repeated CTD's (approx 7-8 by now) cannot be doing my drive / game /etc any good. I do use FSUIPC 4. I have no add-ons other than those I mentioned in my previous posting. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and help. I will try Support. BestJD

Further discovery... I was looking in the simobject folder for the JS41 and noticed the file pmdg_j41 . I noticed in properties it was an installer file, so I clicked it. An applet popped up saying I had a damaged AIR file and I should request a new one. I already started a ticket with support, but this is new info if you think it applicable. Ticket Number 1E8-15F172F4-7552

You said you tried your 747-400X ("my 747-400X works fine") before trying installing the J41. Try installing the J41 only...trying it out....then install the PMDG 747. The support ticket is probably the best way...interesting it would give you that message.\ Ya delete the PMDG directory in the FSX root folder...and both the 747 and J41 aircraft folders in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder. Basically cleaning the slate.Did you install the J41 as an administrator? Are you using Vista/Windows 7? Is UAC disabled during the install etc? This could be funky-ing around with things. Hopefully PMDG support can help ya out...but honestly I think the next step is a complete uninstall and wipe of FSX then start from scratch. But here's what I'd try first (sorta what you've done already...but I just want to confirm): Uninstall both the PMDG 747 and PMDG J41 using the standard uninstallers. If you up for it...perhaps uninstall your other addons to ensure there isn't some funky conflict going on...I think there was some problems back with the Level D 767 Menu's conflicting with some FSUIPC stuff...etc...Uninstall FSUIPC using standard uninstallers - or just delete FSUIPC.dll and associated .ini's and .cfgs from the FSX/Modules directoryBrowse to the FSX root directory and delete the PMDG directory (Shift-Del kills is all quick)Browse to the FSX root /SimObjects/Airplanes directory and delete both (if any remnants) of /PMDG747-400, /PMDG747-400F, /PMDG_J4100 directories.Okay...run FSX...just try and play a bit with some default aircraft...remember you haven't re-installed FSUIPC yet!K exit...and now re-install PMDG's J41Try it out...anything?K exit again and re-install the 747Try it out as well.Now install FSUIPC (might as well get a new version while you are at it...I don't use the registered version of FSUIPC myself)Try it out...At this point maybe re-install the LevelD if ya decided to delete it..etc. Report back if anything positive happens. I want ya to enjoy the J41. It's a great airplane and good fun on FSX.