Sign in to follow this  
spil

NGX B738 - my comments as a Captain in real life

Just want to tell PMDG, they have done a great job with this flight simulator for FSX, thank you for the effort of putting this together!!I am a B738 pilot in real life and tonight I tried out this simulation on a medium distance flight between ESSA and LEPA (Stockholm/Arlanda and Palma) using the Norwegian livery.Used the Virtual Cockpit view all the time and almost everything is there to find as in real flightdeck. You that have built this simulator and that are flying the aircraft know whats missing. But that is small details and no big deals.Simulated an engine flameout, everything responded as expected, as well as electrical malfunction and resetting while in flight. You have done a real good job programming this one!!Keep up the good work PMDG!!

Good to hear feedback from RW airmen regarding the 738

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Just want to tell PMDG, they have done a great job with this flight simulator for FSX, thank you for the effort of putting this together!! I am a B738 pilot in real life and tonight I tried out this simulation on a medium distance flight between ESSA and LEPA (Stockholm/Arlanda and Palma) using the Norwegian livery.Used the Virtual Cockpit view all the time and almost everything is there to find as in real flightdeck. You that have built this simulator and that are flying the aircraft know whats missing. But that is small details and no big deals. Simulated an engine flameout, everything responded as expected, as well as electrical malfunction and resetting while in flight. You have done a real good job programming this one!!Keep up the good work PMDG!!
I love to hear about real working or retired line pilots being impressed with the NGX. It really makes me appreciate it more too (if it is possible to appreciate it more than I do). I know that I don't fly it like the professional would, but as I learn more about it, I can get a little closer to that goal....and it's fun anyway. But knowing that it is that close to the real thing just adds so much to the enjoyment.Thank you for commenting. I hope many more line pilots who fly the NG will also comment on it. Bob

That's great to hear from a RW NGX pilot... PMDG has done a great job!

i would like if pmdg simulated the flaps damages (not visual mode) coz ive tested flying at 305knots with 25 flap and i still can retract after a while, in real life this cant happen. i repeat, im not talking about the visual/graphic mode but just programmed mode. good receive feedback from real pilot. thx spil

yes but if u keep going the flaps doesnt block.

Isn't theere a protection wich retracts the flaps at an overspeed condition?

Hi DavideLeeSim You shouldn't play with the falps at that speed so why force it to brake down? They are very expensive to exchange and there is a natural lock mode so it is impossible to set flap 25 at speeds above 250 knots, use the speedbrake to bring the speed down, then everything works fine, just as in real life. Sure you can set the handle to 25 degree flap, but it will not extend to that position in real life if you have too high speed. In case the flaps are set correctly in lower speeds the flaps retracts automatically to maximum setting, but the handle will not move, you will just see it on the flap position indicator.

This post confirms (on time more) what outstanding is the job done by PMDG and how accurate and close to reality is this aircraft addon.So it is a pleasure reading so positive comments (not only testing normal procedures, aircraft system mechanism, but especially the non-standard procedures) given by real or in retirement pilots, it is a bigger pleasure to fly this bird!Thanks.

Enough enough I am going to buy her Big Grin.gif don't care if my system can't handle but I am buying her

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

hi spil, thx for reply me. but what i want to say is for example if i simulate that im at 10000feet with flaps 25/30 and then i drop down to 3000ft the flaps are still usable. this can happen in real life or the flaps blocks and u can use it anymore coz of the huge stress? ive seen that the plane when reach overspeed automatically retract flaps from 40 to 30.

Hi DavideLeeSimYou shouldn't play with the falps at that speed so why force it to brake down? They are very expensive to exchange and there is a natural lock mode so it is impossible to set flap 25 at speeds above 250 knots, use the speedbrake to bring the speed down, then everything works fine, just as in real life. Sure you can set the handle to 25 degree flap, but it will not extend to that position in real life if you have too high speed. In case the flaps are set correctly in lower speeds the flaps retracts automatically to maximum setting, but the handle will not move, you will just see it on the flap position indicator.

flap load relief on NGs works from 40 to 30 if speed is greater than (in my memory)162 kts (like on classic), This for lever on position 40.If the flap lever is at 30 load relief works from 30 to 25. if you were at flap 40 and wants to accelerate at 250kts, the flaps remains at 30. there is no step from 40 to 25 as only a crazy man will do it. Breakage of a flap surface on a double slotted flap will probably cause a crash due to the fact that probably a wing will loose the surface before the other, causing a great inbalance. If you are lucky, before surface breakage you will experience a surface lock that causes the intervention of flap asymmetry.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Congratulations also from my side ! I'm flying the 737-700 and -800 in real life for more than 6 years and I'm deeply impressed by the level of realism You have reached in it's appearance ( inside and outside ), it's systems and the overall atmosphere while You are flying !Keep up the good work ! smile.png