Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Auto throttle help

Hi Guys: Quick question please, having a problem getting auto throttle to engage while in vnav/lnav, I prefer this way to decsend during legs, oh one more question how long after engaging loc do you engage app mode, thank you. im Not Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Quick question please, having a problem getting auto throttle to engage while in vnav/lnav, I prefer this way to decsend during legs, oh one more question how long after engaging loc do you engage app mode, thank you. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Lets see a screenshot of your main and OH panels for the throttle problem. Is a little to little information to really tell...I engage APP when I have the G/S indicated and being heading inbound. Sometimes not engaging VOR/LOC at all. APP should be able to capture LOC and G/S both. Hope it helps,

"APP should be able to capture LOC and G/S both" thats cool thanks Mats, as for screenshot not sure what that would show ?

Rich Sennett

...as for screenshot not sure what that would show ?
Your setup for the A/T engagement for analysis. Cheers,

I'm thinking it might be ch throttle quadrant maybe - its the only way I can raise or lower speeds or is there a condition that has to be met for it to engage? would take a bit of time to do a screenshot as I would have to redo fmc inputs

Rich Sennett

If no screenshot we need more information about your setting up the a/c. Cheers,

Mats the setup is the ngx running and ready go out of the box, not cold start does that help? I did use to/ga switch does that shut itself off automaticlly?

Rich Sennett

Mats the setup is the ngx running and ready go out of the box, not cold start does that help? I did use to/ga switch does that shut itself off automaticlly?
If you want help, you need to work with people and provide what they're asking. FMC route, altitudes, weights as well as MCP modes and altitudes/headings/speeds and even what electrical and hydraulic busses are powered can effect engagement of the autothrottle. In particular, basic route information and MCP settings are going to be needed in order to help you out at all. Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

Ok Eric, I will have to start her up, hope you guys are around, thanks.

Rich Sennett

I did use to/ga switch does that shut itself off automaticlly?
This leads me to believe that the TO/GA did initiate but 'shut off' is this a correct assessment? Do you have hardware throttles connected? What did the FMA tell you? Cheers,

ch yoke and ch throtlle quadrant only using left 2 sticks it has 6, not using the throttle on yoke its pulled back all the way Mats. They are setup in fsiupc., just quadrant throttle nothing else.

Rich Sennett

In your takeoff pic the autothrottle is on !! What turned it off ? Fred.

Might be the problem. Please try without any throttle physically connected. Let us know. Cheers,