Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deemer

Are you Breaks Gone? Not able to Climb to Cruise?

I experieced the loss of brakes issue for the first time just before my flight. Checked the Brake Temperature and it was at 0 and had Hydraulic Pressure. Found out it was my controllers briefly became disconnected for a split second and that caused it. You can tell if your brakes are working at the gate by doing the following. If you remove the chocks and then put the parking brake on and the FSX light that displays when the Parking Brakes are on doesn't stay steady your brakes are gone. I noticed holding down the toe brakes the light stayed steady but I didn't have brakes Solution: Make sure your controllers and firmly connected to the USB and Calibrated before removing the Wheel Chocks and pushing back. Outside Temperature is +43c and you can't Climb past FL200. It is well known that FSINN will cause this if you don't have Weather Disabled in it. However I already had weather disabled in FSINN and it still happened to me. I forgot to load Activesky Weather and was using just FSX weather. Soon as I enabled Activesky weather the temps went back to normal. Solution: Buy a good Weather Generator such as Activesky. You will be truly amazed when you see what you have been missing, and Activesky is currently the best out there. If you want some killer Clouds and Water Themes Real Environment X is also a must have.

So you suggest combining Active Sky and REX 2.0? What about Wasys that comes with Rex 2.0? Or is the Active Sky module that good? I used to use Active Sky but switched to REX as its very nice :D
Yes you can get REX and use the built in Weather Generator but REX has never been very accurate. People mostly by it for the awesome Sky and Water Themes, and disable REX weather and use Activesky. Yeah I am biased but hey its still the best out there and when it comes to weather I want the most accurate I can get.

I find the REX WaSys caused a large performance impact on my system. For example, if I fly with REX HD theme, but FSX default weather I'm pretty smooth. Using Rex weather almost stops my sim completely. I switched to ASE and it's almost invisible.

I use ASE, but get the texture flashing when at cruise altitude. It drops my frames to half. Does it for a minute or so, stops for a while, does it again etc. It won't do it when I have it set to DWC, but then the plane is all over the road. I did some searching, Jim from HIFI says it's something to do with simconnect. Other than that problem I love ASE.

I think there's an option to stop the plane being all over the place with DWC mode. I'll need to have a look

Well I purchased Active Sky X and X Graphics away back in 2007 and was using that until I took a break from FS and went to WoW...... Now I have Rex 2.0 and I've just submitted a support ticket to HiFi and I'll see how it goes, Site says upgrade to latest ASE is free so if thats the case then its Win - Win :D

Ya, in the FSUIPC settings, pretty sure I have done that, although I could check again, I been playing around so much with this thing lately testing this and that, I might have deleted something, who knows.