Sign in to follow this  
Gazzareth

Flare arms but not Rollout !?!?

On the last couple of flights I have noticed that "Flare" is arming and working correctly, but I am never seeing "Rollout" annunciated at all. Not sure if I am missing a step or if it has changed since the latest hotfix. If anyone has any suggestions as to what is causing that it would be much appreciated.. Cheers G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

You probably have the Fail passive A/P selected in Options. Cheers,

If you have the right equipment, have you armed the CMD B after established on the ILS and having activated the APP and on G/S with both NAV radio tuned to the freq and both course set properly?

What does the AFDS staus announce ? It will say CMD for fail passive or Land 3 for fail operational.

The CMD won't change to Land 3 until lower in the approach and autoland systems have checked themselves, -1500 feet. Also to the original poster you need to sign your name sure 'G' is not up to PMDG rules on posting!

The CMD won't change to Land 3 until lower in the approach and autoland systems have checked themselves, -1500 feet.
Of course.I am talking about Below 1500 ft !! Above 1500 ft it should announce Single Channel !!!( provided you have Hotfix 3 installed ).......otherwise it will say CMD which of course is wrong. Fred.

I had the same...must I activate the CMD B before capturing ILS or after that?

I had the same...must I activate the CMD B before capturing ILS or after that?
After !! Capture the Localizer and Glideslope first using APP mode. Then you can select the 2nd autopilot. Fred.

The procedure is to select the second autopilot once the APP button has been selected.

I'm gonna try each situation. After capturing and after selecting app.I will look which one is going very well. Thanks!!!Can I use the CMD C and D for other things??Or is that the same as A and B, I never used that before.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out. I am definitely selecting cmd b, after selecting app.From memory I think it is going from Single Ch. Back to cmd on the pfd so I am wondering if I accidentally switched the option to fail passive...G

After !! Capture the Localizer and Glideslope first using APP mode. Then you can select the 2nd autopilot. Fred.
I think that's a policy, not a Boeing requirement. Last place I flew it was arm the approach and then the 2nd A/P. Of course that was all on an intercept heading and not with the LOC captured.

Matt Cee

From memory I think it is going from Single Ch. Back to cmd on the pfd so I am wondering if I accidentally switched the option to fail passive...
Looks like that may have been the problem, although it will be a few days before I can do a testflight !! G

Thanks for the suggestions, I will check it out. I am definitely selecting cmd b, after selecting app. From memory I think it is going from Single Ch. Back to cmd on the pfd so I am wondering if I accidentally switched the option to fail passive... G
Once on the approach, the FMA will show Single Channel as only one autopilot is active. If both CMD buttons have been selected, the autoflight system will perform at self-test at 1500FT radio altimeter (ILS deviation bars on PFD will flash yellow) and the second autopilot will engage. The FMA will show CMD for fail passive systems, LAND 3 for fail operational systems and LAND 2 for degraded (something has failed) fail operational systems. Cheers DZ