Sign in to follow this  
Tierborn

B737 crashes in Canadian Arctic

It's a great operator and a great community. Condolences to all involved. More info if you are interested at Avcanada.ca

why are there so much crashes going on in 2010 and 2011? Its so sad
actually 2011 hasn't been too bad. 2009 and especially 2010 were terrible. Also, the amount of planes in the air has increased so much in the past decade that just by law of averages there will be more crashes every year :\

It's so unfortunate. The pilots flying these aircraft for First Air must be some of the most daring. They take passengers so high up north and it's not always CAVOK. As a matter of fact, I've seen this exact aircraft at CYOW taking off early morning to head north. Never thought it would come to this, though. To all affected, I send my condolences....

Erik L.