Sign in to follow this  
mwilk

Starting to like this software

I've been an RC4/PFE user for years, and just recently started using VOX. I really like the interaction with ATC. I just flew a leg from Vancouver to Maui and it worked great. I still haven't figured out why it gives me my initial descent clearance below FL100. It rarely ever does step descents. I just ignore ATC until I hit TD. My only real gripe is the way it interacts with AI. I miss the regionalized voices that I got with PFE but I'm getting over that. All in all, a great program.

NAX669.png

Andrew, I've purchased some ATT voices and some Ivona voices, so I have a decent variety now.

NAX669.png

Andrew, I've purchased some ATT voices and some Ivona voices, so I have a decent variety now.
I've checked out both websites, but couldn't figure out where to actually find a price or how to purchase the voices. Unless it's the SDK kit that I have to purchase that has the voices in it. I thought I read on the sites that the license is only good for 6 months or so. Am I misunderstanding?

There we go! That's what I've been looking for is an actual page to order from. Whew, the prices are a bit high. I guess I need to do some saving, but 5 voices in one pack ain't too bad. And I've got some time, because I don't have v6 yet, plus I only have 2 gigs of RAM (although I do have a 3gig, dual core processor) so I may or may not have enough resources to use all the voices yet.

I wanted to get back on topic and put my 2 cents in about VoxATC. I recently purchased v5 Deluxe, and I'm really liking it. The two AT&T voices that come with it are a bit "mundane", but it's not that horrible compared to default ATC on FSX. Yeah, the voices on default sound better, but there isn't much variety there either. At least the ATC is leaps and bounds better than the default, and I love how the AI Traffic is generated, and I love the interactivity with the mic. This is great practice in between Vatsim sessions. I have a couple of snags that I've found which I don't know if they are corrected in v6 1) I was in Casper, WY at KCPY and we were being routed to Runway 17. If you get a chance, take a look at the airport diagram for it. We were routed via taxiway Charlie, and then I followed the line onto Runway 35 to get to the end where 17 begins because there is no taxiway there. The problem is that the jumbo jet I was following held up just before crossing Runway 8-26.... and then it vanished! Not a huge deal, but I'm guessing it had something to do with taxiing on the same runway that the jet was going to take off on. 2) I fly with Delta Virtual Airlines, and the free aircraft we have there aren't being recognized by the indexer and the panel can't be installed. I'm thinking it's because the aircraft are compatible with FS9 and FSX and aren't FSX specific. I found another FSX specific aircraft on another site (EMB120) and the indexer worked fine as well as the panel install. 3) I just recently learned that the SID/STAR wizard works differently than I thought. It asks you to load a FSX Flight Plan. Well, those plans are in PLN format, and it won't read them. I did learn that what the wizard is looking for is your Saved Game with the Flight Plan already saved to it. In other words, load up FSX, select your aircraft and flight plan, go to the airport. Then save your game. It'll be in FLT format, and that's what the wizard is looking for.

I don't know about the others.but for number 3 on v6 all this is sorted out.no need to save - load and all that stuff.just load the flightplan (.pln) and your done, you could load it before you press "Fly now" or after you loaded your plane on the tarmac.

Joel Strikovsky
Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I don't know about the others.but for number 3 on v6 all this is sorted out.no need to save - load and all that stuff.just load the flightplan (.pln) and your done, you could load it before you press "Fly now" or after you loaded your plane on the tarmac.
I figured out #2. I had FS9 planes that were being used in FSX and were being referred to another file. All I had to do was get rid of the "reference" to the other file, and have the aircraft.cfg in the folder it needed to be as well as any other files/folders that were being referenced. I've been able to fix some of the aircraft now to work with the Vox Panel, as a result.

Hey Akila, Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have to create the flightplan (I use FS Commander or PlanG), load the flightplan in FSX, start the flight, save the flight and then start VoxATC or it won't work properly and start with ATIS... What could I be missing? Thanks,Toby

Ryzen 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, Windows 10, Varjo Aero, DOF H3

Toby, I have to set the flight up in Free Flight, then load the flight plan, and then press Fly Now. If I set the flight up at the gate, and then load the flight plan, it doesn't work.

NAX669.png

Hey Akila, Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I have to create the flightplan (I use FS Commander or PlanG), load the flightplan in FSX, start the flight, save the flight and then start VoxATC or it won't work properly and start with ATIS... What could I be missing? Thanks,Toby
what version of VoxATC you got?

Joel Strikovsky

6.0.5 I guess, downloaded and installed yesterday.

6.0.5 I guess, downloaded and installed yesterday.
here is what I do and it should be working great.build a plan (FSBuild/commander or whatever you got), save the flight plan *.pln e.g. "WMKK Kuala Lumpur Intl - WSSS Singapore Changi.pln".start FSXLoad flight plananswer yes (if you wish) when FSX asks to place you at the airport (you could always go back and change the location to a Gate - that is what I do)Fly nowlet the weather finish loading into FSX (if you are using REX/ASE, etc)Enable/Start VoxATC. That's it nothing more.(omit the "save" the flight part in your flow)

Joel Strikovsky

That worked for me, i must have missed something before.Thanks for your help.