Sign in to follow this  
Devinci

Want more FPS ?

If you want more fps just switch to windowed mode!I was getting between 8 to 12 fps at KSAN X and I thought it has to do with the high graphics settings but went to KLAX default scenery and I was getting the same.But when I switched to windowed mode I was getting between 20 to 30 fps. Don't know why is that but it's working for me.I just bought the aircraft few hours ago and completed a "full" flight without looking at any manuals. I floated a bit on landing due to my throttle lever not idling exactly a 30 feet AGL. To complete a normal flight without "learning" was my first objective but I've found there is so much I didn't know about.

Thanks for the nice aircraft PMDG

My picture looks distorted in full screen. But I heard from others that it gives a boost of the fps. That vid is really cool! What type of water are you using, and the airport looks very nice!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

My picture looks distorted in full screen. But I heard from others that it gives a boost of the fps. That vid is really cool! What type of water are you using, and the airport looks very nice!
Thanks. It's default FSX water set to "High 1" I believe. The airport is a freeware available on avsim.

high 1? nooo I think it's high 2, because I see mountains reflecting in the water!... Looks nice anyways!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

high 1? nooo I think it's high 2, because I see mountains reflecting in the water!... Looks nice anyways!
Yes. I tried to open FSX and check that water setting but now it keeps crashing. Weird...

I can get a boost doing this too if I notice a drop I don't like or think is not right for the situation I'm flying in. I just Alt+Enter to 'Window Mode' and then right back to Full Screen and my FPS retains itself as it was in Window Mode that I originally expected. I think the task priority is dropped OR something else in background obtains a higher priority then FSX and when Alt+Enter it's priority goes back up. This is just a guess but for me it's rare I've had to do this. Maybe 2 or 3 time past 30 flights. But I have seen it work.

I can get a boost doing this too if I notice a drop I don't like or think is not right for the situation I'm flying in. I just Alt+Enter to 'Window Mode' and then right back to Full Screen and my FPS retains itself as it was in Window Mode that I originally expected. I think the task priority is dropped OR something else in background obtains a higher priority then FSX and when Alt+Enter it's priority goes back up. This is just a guess but for me it's rare I've had to do this. Maybe 2 or 3 time past 30 flights. But I have seen it work.
I had to restart FSX just before takeoff because I couldn't get back into the fullscreen mode when I switched to another program. Alt+Enter helped me before to get back into FSX fullscreen mode. I also noticed an fps improvement by running fsx in just one monitor, maybe that one is obvious?

So your graphics don't look distorted in full screen mode? Mine look stretched and out of shape. Cool airports you are doing Sagga! Interesting span from Asia to the US... What about Africa? Why there is not cape town or J-Burg done for FSX is beyond me!

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

I also get more FPS in windowed mode. Also because I run other applications like ASE etc. it is favorable to me.I hide the taskbar of windows so that it is more like full screen.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

So your graphics don't look distorted in full screen mode? Mine look stretched and out of shape. Cool airports you are doing Sagga! Interesting span from Asia to the US... What about Africa? Why there is not cape town or J-Burg done for FSX is beyond me!
The graphics look just fine. Africa, maybe sometime in the future.

So your graphics don't look distorted in full screen mode? Mine look stretched and out of shape.
I have the same problem, my picture specially in the corners look distorted. Didn't know what to do except returned to normal.

Raul

San Juan, P.R..

Windows 7 Pro 64bit, 3.5ghz Ivy Bridge, NvidiaGTX1080, 16gb Corsair Vengeance, 1000w Power supply, Corsair H100 cooler

http://www.youtube.c...75?feature=mhee

If you want more fps just switch to windowed mode!I was getting between 8 to 12 fps at KSAN X and I thought it has to do with the high graphics settings but went to KLAX default scenery and I was getting the same.But when I switched to windowed mode I was getting between 20 to 30 fps. Don't know why is that but it's working for me.I just bought the aircraft few hours ago and completed a "full" flight without looking at any manuals. I floated a bit on landing due to my throttle lever not idling exactly a 30 feet AGL. To complete a normal flight without "learning" was my first objective but I've found there is so much I didn't know about.
Thanks for the nice aircraft PMDG
It's the other way round for me. Fullscreen is way smoother than windowed, plus it's more immersive.I guess it depends on the respective computer system what works best.

Dave P. Woycek

For me things are different...In NGX VC and windowed mode FPS are about 5-8BUT, the same but Full Screen FPS are about 22-25 Luiz Cunha