Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

[Poll] - CTDs statistics and hotfix installation

Hotfix installation numbers  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Have you installed any hotfix or not?

• Yes, hotfix 3 (build 2922)
    • Yes, hotfix 2 (build 2916)
    • Yes, hotfix 1 (build 2904)
    • None

I have all 3 installed with no problems with CTD's. At first I had issues but after getting rid of the ENB mod all my problems went away. Jim

Jim Wenham

I was fine on hotfix 2, but now I have had to lockups after installing hotfix 3.Same airport twice, just locks up and the plane just hits the ground. Andy

Hotfix3 was the first fix i applied. Introduced stutters and other minor oddities. No CTDs, no severe freezes though.Made a compelete deinstall of the NGX, and deleted DEM folder manually following the deinstall routine.Downoaded the latest BasePackage Full Installer and run it. The NGX is fluid and stable again now.dance.gifIt took me <20 minutes and should be worth a try for everyone encountering stutters after applying the standalone HotFix3.

Joerg Alvermann
Win10 Pro 64Bit - i9-9900KS - GTX980Ti 6GB - 5760x1200

Downoaded the latest BasePackage Full Installer and run it. The NGX is fluid and stable again now.dance.gifIt took me <20 minutes and should be worth a try for everyone encountering stutters after applying the standalone HotFix3.
Yes I think I will try this route then later - downloading the complete new base packagae with hotfix 3 included.

Hotfix 3? Since when? Ok, I've got to install this ASAP. Thanks...

I get CTD only in orbx areas despite the suggested fixes and tweaks i can recreate them everytime

Have any of you tried UIAUTOMATIONCORE.DLL Fix? If you right lick your menus about 20 to 30 times in FSX or something around that it will crash to desktop. Its a well known bug in FSX. Another thing would be to start fresh and reinstall with the latest NGX installer that has all the hotfixes in one installer. Some times going from one Hotfix to another can cause problems. When I had Hotfix 2 and Installed Hotfix 3 I had a APU fail issue that would not go away no matter what I tried. Okay so I had all the 3 hotfixes right and then I had the problem. Now I uninstalled and went to the PMDG site logged into my account and downloaded the PMDG NGX again and installed it. The new installer had all 3 hotfixes and my APU problem went away. See my point here? So try installing with the full installer and see how that goes?

The only issue I have is when I go End Flight, it always comes up with an errorand FSX will restart again. I ghave been getting that from the beginning and also with Hotfix 3.I like Hotfix 3 because of the few little things it fixed.eg. Mins knob.............Single Channel instead of CMD........Terrain.........etc. Fred.

i didnt have any kind of major problem before and after any hotfix... Peace.gif