Sign in to follow this  
Iain Emms

No initializing at start.

Hello there chaps im having a problem here i hope somebody can help me with, I installed the plane no problem the Direct x ran alright and the runtime as well the activation was accepted without a hitch and i clicked on all the pop ups as they appeared but when i openend the plane in fsx i did not have a countdown i believe this is the inialization and when the cockpit came up all the screens were blank and i could not turn them on also as soon as i tried to brighten the lights i get a ctd is there anybody that can please help me with this ive tried both the old installer and the new one but the same results, i just want to be able to fly this great looking plane again. When i first purchased this i had to do a full reinstall of fsx but i really dont want to go there again as it takes me around seventeen hours to do this.cheersIain

Try backing up your FSX.cfg somewhere, then deleting the fsx.cfg and let FSX rebuild it. Make sure you allow all the modules to run etc. You shouldn't have to activate again.

I doubt it's this but give it a try. After the ac loads, have you tried waiting for 30 seconds? I'm just thinking that maybe the message countdown is hidden, and actually it is initializing.

Do you have FSUIPC Settings that might be conflicting? You could try moving the FSUIPC.dll out of the modules folder and see if that's the problem

Is your 2-D panel functional? I have the same problem with you and the 2D panel is distorted. But this only appears on default 739 WL PMDG livery.

Hi there, did had the same problem after reinstalling both fsx and NGX. Do you have both service packs installed for FSX?My problem was solved after reinstalling fsx on a different location then default.Regards,Jeffrey

I have my W7 and my fsx on seprate drives i just cant work this thing out and as ive said i had the plane working alright before.cheersIain

Just to be sure Service pack 1& 2 are installed for FSX?Did you reinstall everything on the same location as before?I did had the exact same problem and couldn't figure it out as well. The only thing that helped was installing everything on a different location.When unistalling the PMDG from FSX where all files and folders from PMDG removed? Regrads, Jeffrey

I think this has beat me to be honest chaps and it looks like a full reinstall to follow im off work this week for a few days so will see what happens then if nothing well its a good orniment if an expensive one Thank you for your help and suggestions on this problem. but im not going to spend all my time and getting frustrated trying to get this to work.cheersIain

Okay. When you've uninstalled, make sure you delete any remaining FSX related folders (including in the Appdata folder) and also run CCleaner registry cleaner a couple of times. Then install it as per Nick N's FSX setup guide. Install the NGX before any other addon.

Hello Iain, I'm guessing you have already tried this but worth a shot anyway... Does it make any difference if you start the flight with a default aircraft and then switch to the NGX once in the game enviroment? I have to load the game enviroment in each session of using FSX before I can load the NGX otherwise it will without fail cause FSX to CTD. I can do this by either starting at my preferred location with a default aircraft (usually the aircreation microlight) and then using the menus from within the game enviroment to switch to the NGX, or providing I have all ready been into the game enviroment during an FSX session I can then load the NGX from the FSX front end and start the free flight from there. Neither of these seems to cause me any problems with the aircraft, in fact these are the only ways I can sucessfully get the aircraft to work.unsure.png