Sign in to follow this  
Iain Emms

No initializing at start.

I have been having a similar problem on and off. I load the PMDG plane, the cockpit appears, but there is no countdown. After a few seconds, I'll left click somewhere on the screen, and it goes grey, like it's about to CTD. However, it then returns to the regular colors and the countdown begins.. Weird.

I have been having a similar problem on and off. I load the PMDG plane, the cockpit appears, but there is no countdown. After a few seconds, I'll left click somewhere on the screen, and it goes grey, like it's about to CTD. However, it then returns to the regular colors and the countdown begins.. Weird.
That to me sounds like the system is out of VRam.

Well then chaps ive just unenstalled everything and formated my drives im starting over from scratch if that dont work then im a fraid i wont bother again with this plane and just take the forty three pound loss, we will see what happens by the morning Thank you again for your help and suggesions.cheersIain

Well then chaps ive just unenstalled everything and formated my drives im starting over from scratch if that dont work then im a fraid i wont bother again with this plane and just take the forty three pound loss, we will see what happens by the morning Thank you again for your help and suggesions.cheersIain
Have you submitted a ticket to PMDG tech support, Iain? I'd hate for you to give up on it without asking the pros first.

Chris Hicks

Yikes that is a pain redoing everything. I just did that a few days ago

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Well then chaps ive done a full uninstall then formatted all my drives and started from scratch, and it still wont iniatalize so thats it now it can go im not messing with this any longer ive been trying things now for over two days and still cant get it to work so im not wasting anymore of my time with this im afraid it can stay in storage from now on. ive tried both the old and new installers still the same no good at all.cheersIain

I wouldn't give up all together. Wait for SP1. That might fix it.

lain, The gauges not showing even after the trust function could be due to service pack issue in FSX , what service packs have you currently installed in FSX ? SP1 SP2 or Acceleration.

I have never had so much trouble with an aircraft that ive purchased in my life, I expected a few teething problems but not so much that i cant even use the plane its put me off buying another thats for sure i also have the J41 and have not had a problem with that, i thank you for your previous posts of help on this matter.cheersIainIve got Accelaration installed its all fresh on clean reformatted drives.cheersIain

I have never had so much trouble with an aircraft that ive purchased in my life, I expected a few teething problems but not so much that i cant even use the plane its put me off buying another thats for sure i also have the J41 and have not had a problem with that, i thank you for your previous posts of help on this matter.cheersIain Ive got Accelaration installed its all fresh on clean reformatted drives.cheersIain
Could you fill me in on what exactly is the problem you are facing , sorry I am not much of a reader hmm no I do read but I read very fast like the posts here so I miss out on a lot of details. I will say this first I do not have PMDG NGX, I have acceleration installed. will try n help u out.

Could you fill me in on what exactly is the problem you are facing , sorry I am not much of a reader hmm no I do read but I read very fast like the posts here so I miss out on a lot of details. I will say this first I do not have PMDG NGX, I have acceleration installed. will try n help u out.
im having a problem here i hope somebody can help me with, I installed the plane no problem the Direct x ran alright and the runtime as well the activation was accepted without a hitch and i clicked on all the pop ups as they appeared but when i openend the plane in fsx i did not have a countdown i believe this is the inialization and when the cockpit came up all the screens were blank and i could not turn them on also as soon as i tried to brighten the lights i get a ctd is there anybody that can please help me with this ive tried both the old installer and the new one but the same results,cheersIain

im having a problem here i hope somebody can help me with, I installed the plane no problem the Direct x ran alright and the runtime as well the activation was accepted without a hitch and i clicked on all the pop ups as they appeared but when i openend the plane in fsx i did not have a countdown i believe this is the inialization and when the cockpit came up all the screens were blank and i could not turn them on also as soon as i tried to brighten the lights i get a ctd is there anybody that can please help me with this ive tried both the old installer and the new one but the same results,cheersIain
The gauges being blank is a service pack issue. or fsx has not trusted that application. I would want you to remove Acceleration and install just SP2. try it out. I suppose SP1 is already installed. For reference put up your system specs including the OS.

Thanks but im off to bed soon i have gone cross eyed with all the uninstalling and everything else today that ive donecheersIain

Thanks but im off to bed soon i have gone cross eyed with all the uninstalling and everything else today that ive donecheersIain
haha cheers. just check up on what I posted and try.

When you first load the NGX into the sim, after clicking fly now, a 20 second initialization period occurs, where all the systems etc are initialized. The aircraft systems will not work without this. His aircraft doesn't initialize.