Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

LNAV not maintaining magenta line, turbulence and thermal effects have been disabled

Hello, Since the beginning, I have encoutered so many problems with LNAV. After change in wind direction or weather update, when it got directed off the magenta line a little, which is normal, it wasn't making any corrections at all, flying the same heading and attitude until the lateral deviation was for example as big as 50 nm! Dr. Vaos told me that that was because of the FSX default turbulence and thermal effects.So I switched that off and in the meantime I also got ASE, which is nice program in my opinion. The problem was solved and LNAV was always maintaining the magenta line as it should do, sometimes with small deviation of about 0.03 nm, which is no big deal. Until today:I was doing a flight from EHRD (Rotterdam) to BIKF (Keflavik - Iceland). I was using ASE's real world weather at that moment, which was updating every 15 minutes. After about 30 minutes into flight, the weather got updated for the second time, the wind direction and tempature were changing a little, and the aircraft got directed off path a little. But it wasn't making any corrections at all to get back! After a while the deviation was as big as 5 nm. So I tried HDG SEL to get back on the magenta line and engaged LNAV again when I was back. But then LNAV was turning away from the magenta line again!What am I doing wrong? I followed all of Dr. Vaos' advice, but still the problem isn't solved. This is everything I tried but didn't work: FSUIPC weather smoothing on for winds, and tempatureFSUIPC suppression of winds, turbulence, gusts and varianceCleaning FSX's registry.Setting clear weather, even then it's not maintaining the magenta line. This is simply a bug because I've never had this with the 747 and the MD-11, why can't it just work like it should work? Arjen Vandervelde

Hello, Since the beginning, I have encoutered so many problems with LNAV. After change in wind direction or weather update, when it got directed off the magenta line a little, which is normal, it wasn't making any corrections at all, flying the same heading and attitude until the lateral deviation was for example as big as 50 nm! Dr. Vaos told me that that was because of the FSX default turbulence and thermal effects.So I switched that off and in the meantime I also got ASE, which is nice program in my opinion. The problem was solved and LNAV was always maintaining the magenta line as it should do, sometimes with small deviation of about 0.03 nm, which is no big deal. Until today:I was doing a flight from EHRD (Rotterdam) to BIKF (Keflavik - Iceland). I was using ASE's real world weather at that moment, which was updating every 15 minutes. After about 30 minutes into flight, the weather got updated for the second time, the wind direction and tempature were changing a little, and the aircraft got directed off path a little. But it wasn't making any corrections at all to get back! After a while the deviation was as big as 5 nm. So I tried HDG SEL to get back on the magenta line and engaged LNAV again when I was back. But then LNAV was turning away from the magenta line again!What am I doing wrong? I followed all of Dr. Vaos' advice, but still the problem isn't solved. P.S. I'm using FSUIPC weather smoothing. Does it have something to do with ASE's settings, if so, could someone please give me their settings? Thanks a lot in advance, Arjen Vandervelde
Most likely it's a bad FSX path entry in the registry, that is causing this. This is also a problem in PMDG's other products like the 747-400 and MD-11. To fix this go to flight1.com and download from their free download section the FS_Registry_repair.exe file. This will correct the path issue and the NGX should start to track normally again.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I'll give that a try, thank you.Arjen Vandervelde

Try tose settings in FSUIPC: SuppressCloudTurbulence=YesUpperWindGusts=NoSuppressWindTurbulence=YesSuppressWindVariance=YesWindTurbulence=NoSuppressAllGusts=Yes Cheers,

I'll now redo the flight and report back later. About the FSUIPC settings, why do I have to switch everything off. Like this there almost isn't any weather anymore. Why can't this thing just work with gusts and turbulence. Dr. Vaos can say that the aircraft if out of control with thermal effects and turbulence switched on at cruising altitude, but if it's out of control, how come that HDG SEL still works? And how come that I can fly the plane manually. It's responding to my inputs! That just doesn't make sense...Arjen Vandervelde

Nothing of all these options work, nothing. Sometimes it's just turning away from the magenta line. When I submit a tickets I don't even get ######ing response! Fix it for the next service pack, this is simply a bug, and it's really starting to annoy me.Arjen Vandervelde