Sign in to follow this  
shamrockflyer

Engine Start Issue

I cant start the engines!! In the FMC I "load panel state" I choose load short. I can successfully start engine #1 but #2 doesn't start!! Is there a manual on how to do this?

I cant start the engines!! In the FMC I "load panel state" I choose load short. I can successfully start engine #1 but #2 doesn't start!! Is there a manual on how to do this?
Make sure the Isolation Valve is in the open position.

Please sign posts with your full name. This is a PMDG forum requirement.

Please sign posts with your full name. This is a PMDG forum requirement.
Please, let him first start his engines properly will you ;-)

Apu supplies bleed air on the left side only. Engines are started using air driven starters.The aircraft bleed system is divided in left and right and the valve that separate the systems is the isolation valve.The valve has 3 positions, closed, auto,open. In the open position the 2 systems are connected, in Auto mode there is a logic.to start rh pack or right engine the valve must be opened either manually or following the logic.If the valve is in the AUTO position, shut down both packs, and start the right engine.I've not speaked about the eng/apu bleed switches position, obviously to start engine from the apu, you need apu bleed on. Engine bleeds can be open or closed. If eng1 bleed is in on position while apu bleed is on, the DUAL BLEED light will come on, thats normal for engine start.

Regards

Andrea Daviero