Sign in to follow this  
Ingrimmsch

Problem with Antialiasing

Hi guys,I've got a question. I used the setting that Ryan posted here and it worked.But a few days ago I installed a new Nvidia-driver and now I can't get the AA to work properly.I tried to set all settings of the driver to the original values and tried activate the FSX AA but nothing works.Can someone please help me to get AA to work again, because without it is pretty ugly.The actual Nvidia driver is 280.26 and NVIDIA INSPECTOR is Version 1.9.5.5.Thanks in advance

When you installed the drivers, did you tick the fresh install option?

When you installed the drivers, did you tick the fresh install option?
I installed it a week ago.Since then the AA isn't working on FSX. Doesn't matter what i try. I already deleted the FSX-profile within the driver and reinstalled it. Even when I deactivate the AA within the driver and set it to default, I can't even get the the FSX-AA to work. I don't know exactly what you mean with fresh install option?I installed it with the express option of the installer. Thx

You need to set up inspector once again, that's all.

I installed it a week ago.Since then the AA isn't working on FSX. Doesn't matter what i try. I already deleted the FSX-profile within the driver and reinstalled it. Even when I deactivate the AA within the driver and set it to default, I can't even get the the FSX-AA to work. I don't know exactly what you mean with fresh install option?I installed it with the express option of the installer. Thx
If you go into the custom install, just select everything and at the bottom there is a tickbox for fresh install. But just check your inspector profile first

Looks like I need to add a section on what I do when I update to a new driver to the post... I'll try to do that soon.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Looks like I need to add a section on what I do when I update to a new driver to the post... I'll try to do that soon.
Good idea! How about a dedicated liveries forum?

Good idea! How about a dedicated liveries forum?
Liveries forum, what would we do in there other that talk about paints?

Liveries forum, what would we do in there other that talk about paints?
Texture issues, repaint errors etc

Could be a nice forum. I think it should just be a pinned thread though, you never know, maybe a whole forum would be better.

Could be a nice forum. I think it should just be a pinned thread though, you never know, maybe a whole forum would be better.
Look how many livery threads there are in the NGX forum. Look how quickly they disappear

Look how many livery threads there are in the NGX forum. Look how quickly they disappear
point made.

For what it's worth, here's how I reinstall/update Nvidia drivers in win7x64. Works great for me, maybe someone else can use it too.I don't remember where I got this, copied it from some forum post a couple of months ago... 1. Control Panel=>Windows Update=>Change Settings=>"Download updates but let me choose whether to install them".2. Download the latest driver from the nvidia website. http://www.nvidia.co...ers/drivers.asp3. Go to Device Manager, select your display adaptor, and uninstall it, choose to also delete drivers when prompted.4. Reboot computer into safe mode by pressing f8 when the computer boots, when prompted to install new display driver choose "never install a driver for this device"5. Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\ and delete the file nvlddmkm.sys. Take note of the date of this file6. Navigate to c:\windows\system32 and delete any other file of the same date as nvlddmkm.sys which begins with the letters 'nv' etc..etc..etc..Repeat for all files with the same date as the file you found in step 5, they begin with the letters 'nv'*********************6a. For 64bit Vista, repeat step 6 in c:\windows\sysWOW647. Reboot to normal Windows, if prompted again to install a driver choose "never install a driver for this device.8. Install the driver which you downloaded from the nvidia website.