Sign in to follow this  
THRUSTER57

NGX AND ORBX

Hello, my ngx runs perfect on my i7 64bit 8gb ram 1tb nvida card until i use an airport with orbx installed sceenery then its performance is juddery,poor, slow and not good, anybody else get this, is it because they are both so power hungry.... thanksjames

No offense to ORBX but I can reproduce CTD all the time on some routes while others go off without a hitch. I will admit the stuff looks good but I never get CTD until I fly ORBX. As I said it only happens on some route or within some areas. But it's not worth the money and time finding these troubled spots as a CTD is never fun and without ORBX I'm 100% stable and enjoy my sim. I can get CTD near KORS on legs south to KLAS, or within 15 mins of takeoff @ YBBN witch many have and ORBX still has no explanation and if you check their forums you will see many others have crazy CTD issues in areas. To me ORBX is for if you want to GA fly a Cessna around or just play FSX for fun or eye candy and not into procedures witch is how I treat is a procedural sim so I don't need to see what HVAC unit the build on the hill has or my leaves to fall as I taxi to runway. I'm busy trying to replicate a pilots duties and task, not a take a virtual trip outside. If I wanted to see the leaves fall I'll go outside in Fall. As said all that stuff overkill and only for eye candy or only VFR flying IMO.

No offense to ORBX but I can reproduce CTD all the time on some routes while others go off without a hitch. I will admit the stuff looks good but I never get CTD until I fly ORBX. As I said it only happens on some route or within some areas. But it's not worth the money and time finding these troubled spots as a CTD is never fun and without ORBX I'm 100% stable and enjoy my sim. I can get CTD near KORS on legs south to KLAS, or within 15 mins of takeoff @ YBBN witch many have and ORBX still has no explanation and if you check their forums you will see many others have crazy CTD issues in areas. To me ORBX is for if you want to GA fly a Cessna around or just play FSX for fun or eye candy and not into procedures witch is how I treat is a procedural sim so I don't need to see what HVAC unit the build on the hill has or my leaves to fall as I taxi to runway. I'm busy trying to replicate a pilots duties and task, not a take a virtual trip outside. If I wanted to see the leaves fall I'll go outside in Fall. As said all that stuff overkill and only for eye candy or only VFR flying IMO.
There has to be an answer to this some time. I am not willing to give up on such a great addon anymore than i am the NGX.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well I can find my topics in ORBX forums that are near a year old now and still no answers that are related to fixing the issue as well I'm not the topic starter so others with incidental problems in identical areas like within 15 mins leaving YBBN is popular one. Remove the ORBX and every flight before that I would get CTD was gone. It's not the aircraft as it happens with either my PMDG aircraft or my one Flight1 aircraft. As for giving up, it's not my job to trouble shoot anymore then I already have in the test they asked us to do with included removing YRED from the areas, removing the region it's in. So they know about the problem so whose given up? I have no clue if it's auto-gen or navaid within the area but me as a non developer I can only do so much and after all efforts have been exhausted what I'm I to do keep banging head on the wall or just go on with flying as prior to ORBX. I been simming since 1995; I don't need ORBX to keep me in the game! As said I use FSX as more a procedural sim. And to not sound like a total brasher, I can do 95%+ the ORBX flights no problems but I hate simming to get and in ORBX place find CTD's (witch I have only found 3 or 4 routes/areas that do it outta the 100's ORBX flight I've flown in the past) areas as without ORBX I can do as I want without worry. But I don't want to keep using it a find that 5th CTD! I've bought every scenery up until a few months ago when I decided that I was not longer running ORBX and speaking for myself I happy with my option to do so as I have not CTD since.

ORBX says it's not their fault. The NTDLL.dll crashes happen in the same place for me whether I'm flying the iFly 737 or the PMDG NGX. I love their scenery, but I can't handle the CTD's when I'm flying in the PNW scenery.

NAX669.png

That's strange. I honestly can't speak for NGX yet, but i've not had a single issue flying in Orbx PNW with iether my PMDG 747X or my PMDG MD-11. Go figure???

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

yea i got orbx and havnt had any ctds as of yet i make sure my settings are not maxed out

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yea i got orbx and havnt had any ctds as of yet i make sure my settings are not maxed out
Same here. I've got less than an idea rig by todays standards but never get CTD's or any other type of crashes when flying in either PNW or the AU areas. I think part of the reason for me being ok is that I don't run the huge 4096 REX clouds, dont extend my radius past the stock max setting, and dont select every option in the control panels for the large airports like YMML and YBBN. I think that people who even have the latest and greatest rigs and are getting the crashes are trying to ask too much from their rigs and get the crashes. Otherwise I can't see how I can run it fine with pretty reasonable visual settings with the NGX and be fine, while others with 2600K's and 8GB of RAM are CTD'ing, unless of course they have bad setups to begin with. I'm just glad I dont have any problems with their products. However their airports, especially their larger hubs are pretty demanding, namely the ones with the huge ground poly textures for the runways, taxiways, aprons, etc. can really drag performance down bad when using a complex a/c. I wish they could engineer their products to be a little more RAM and FPS friendly like FSDT and FlyTampa do, I know I would enjoy their stuff a lot more if they did. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Never had a problem so far with NGX at Orbx. I think you need to use the conrol panel to drop your scenery detail down. Your PC is clearly being overloaded. And as Sean says, drop your cloud res down, make some compromises. Not everything looks garbage when you lower the detail.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

yea i got all the fsdt airports and they alot better on fps than the orbx airports i find the ymml is the most hungry of the lot lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And as Sean says, drop your cloud res down
this helped me with REX and ORBX and NGX. had mine high and went back to 1024 bit. still nicely looking though, couldn't tell the difference. anyway, since then (knock on wood) no more OOMs in Orbx.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

+1 ORBX NT.DLL error and CTD with the NGX but somehow not with the Ifly. (australian SP4,brisbane,Melbourne,Cairns) Using 2048 HD clouds and normal Autogen. LOVE the ORBX work but as many say it has to be a comprimise between eyecandy outside OR inside :-) /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Like I mentioned on the other PNW thread on here I tried EVERYTHING to stop crashes in this region. I was flying GA aircraft either from Caranado or Flight1, using default or ASE weather and REX2 clouds (1024 texture size), tried various fsx configs including default, lowered display resolution, reduced autogen etc right down, had a default or nvinspector tweaked nvidea profile, ran my system at default clock speeds, tried Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and also XP 64 bit OS with up to date drivers and windows updates and it STILL crashed, mainly with the g3d.dll CTD. I love this scenery too but it's impossible to use it on my hardware. Oh for the record I also installed old spare components in my system, I went back from my i7 980x to my trusty old 920, I changed my Zotac 480GTX AMP to a BFG 295 and also an older 8800 Ultra, I changed my C6 DDR3 Mushkin 1600 ram to older C8 Patriot memory still crashed with G3D.DLL. I got so fed up and depressed trying to fix the unfixable Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I got so fed up and depressed trying to fix the unfixable
chris, (y)our fellow simmer TexXxan91 had these issues and even the REX cloud texture reduction to 1024 did not help. but he actually sent me a PM that his frame rate limiter seemed to have caused crashes. no idea which one he is using but if you use one too and have not eliminated that cause yet then it may be worth a try...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"