Sign in to follow this  
ksimodo

fmc flightplans

Hello recent "owner " of this beautiful baby i've got a problem to save my flightplans after having built them in the FMC. I click "save" then we have "confirm" highlighted and when I click on "exec" nothing happens ... and no FP recorded. I used to do that very easily on fs9 version.I'm sure I'm goofing somewhere ... but where ?? I tried different versions of the AC, tried in 2d & VC ... and nothing works thanks for your help Jm alias ksimodo

Hiya Jm --- well, new to the NGX here too. Just learning the "ropes". I am just getting into some flight planning and working with the manuals, etc. and running up the learning curve. While my evaluation may not be legitimate in that I am running the original, no-hotfix version of the NGX (works best for me presently), I have been saving FPs okay using the ACT RTE CDU screen. After entering all my data, I click on SAVE and the CONFIRM label comes up. At this point I click the EXEC (highlighted) button and the plan saves. I also get the "fabricated" name of the FP showing under the CO ROUTE line. So it appears to be working for me anyway. I have not tried to load this plan back into the FMC yet --- next test. Good Luck and Happy Flying!!! --- Half the fun of the NGX is learning it !!!! LOL.gif

RTE pageenter the FP name into the scratch padpress LSK 4L ("<SAVE"), "CONFIRM" appears backlitpress EXECdone. press LSK 2L ("CO ROUTE"), the use then next page keys to see saved FP

back home to try your solutions you guys - so sorry nothing works ...whether I fill the scratchpad with a name for the fpl or not this bloody "exec" remains highlighted - thank you anyway for your help hope the big bosses will read my mail regdsjm

Hi, I having the same problem too, I done everything that Scott suggested above, but when I select 'EXEC' nothing happens.I can't upload the FP name ( what ever format I don't know) to 'CO ROUTE, EITHER. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere. Hoping some can detail the exact step by step procedure to save Flight Plans Stewart Thompson.