Sign in to follow this  
Aerah

Some dll´s you might need.

Were is the "great" PMDG support on this theory?
Another school of thought one can find on the internet is exactly the opposite to yours regarding the uiautomationcore.dll's It says to delete all of them and not to believe any other suggestion. To be honest, I'm about to beleive neither of them at this point. I have been living in Placebo land for a while i think

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Were is the "great" PMDG support on this theory?
Placebo=snake oil, voodism. None of which are a substitute for proper coding!
Randy, I haven't quite been able to figure out your motives here on the forums lately. Calling me an Intel ###### over in the hardware forum because I said they were faster than AMD's offerings, bringing stuff like this into here. So I'll bite the troll and ask. What are you getting at? I could be misunderstanding some things, but I doubt it...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Placebo=snake oil, voodism. None of which are a substitute for proper coding!
You're directly calling me a liar then and going against a ton of evidence to the contrary (including Microsoft support on the MSDN forums). If I use the default Win7 uiautomationcore.dll and sit and bring up the right click menu about 20-30 times in a row, the sim crashes. It does not do that with the Vista 32 version, which is what I recommend people put in their FSX root folder. This is not a PMDG issue we can fix with "proper coding" - it's a Microsoft problem and happens with any airplane. The situation builds up over the course of a flight as you use the menus and switch views and will eventually result in a crash that can look like it was triggered by something else. Regarding the other two files I have no specific information - those are Visual Studio runtimes presumably used by FSX itself.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You're directly calling me a liar then and going against a ton of evidence to the contrary (including Microsoft support on the MSDN forums). If I use the default Win7 uiautomationcore.dll and sit and bring up the right click menu about 20-30 times in a row, the sim crashes. It does not do that with the Vista 32 version, which is what I recommend people put in their FSX root folder. This is not a PMDG issue we can fix with "proper coding" - it's a Microsoft problem and happens with any airplane. The situation builds up over the course of a flight as you use the menus and switch views and will eventually result in a crash that can look like it was triggered by something else. Regarding the other two files I have no specific information - those are Visual Studio runtimes presumably used by FSX itself.
im Not Worthy.gif anddddd Tabs saves the day once again. Oh Great Tabs! We worship thou!

You're directly calling me a liar then and going against a ton of evidence to the contrary (including Microsoft support on the MSDN forums). If I use the default Win7 uiautomationcore.dll and sit and bring up the right click menu about 20-30 times in a row, the sim crashes. It does not do that with the Vista 32 version, which is what I recommend people put in their FSX root folder. This is not a PMDG issue we can fix with "proper coding" - it's a Microsoft problem and happens with any airplane. The situation builds up over the course of a flight as you use the menus and switch views and will eventually result in a crash that can look like it was triggered by something else.Regarding the other two files I have no specific information - those are Visual Studio runtimes presumably used by FSX itself.
Hello Ryan, hello guys,I have recently had to format FSX drive and unfortunately did not save that file. I have yesterday copied the W7 default file. Where to download the Vista version? Thanks, bye.

I've had two CTD's recently while taxiing with the NGX, both attributed to "ntdll.dll" - both at FSDT's KLAS airport.Think throwing that dll into my FSX folder will help stop the crashing?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I've had two CTD's recently while taxiing with the NGX, both attributed to "ntdll.dll" - both at FSDT's KLAS airport.Think throwing that dll into my FSX folder will help stop the crashing?
Put in the uiautomationcore.dll one in the main root FSX folder. Make sure it is the same one as above version ...Just finished a flight from Aerosoft's Corfu good 3 and half hours not one single issue.. :)

Put in the uiautomationcore.dll one in the main root FSX folder. Make sure it is the same one as above version ...Just finished a flight from Aerosoft's Corfu good 3 and half hours not one single issue.. :)
Please say, what are your settings in fsx.cfg:TEXTURE_MAX_LOADLOD_RADIUSThanks

At the time of my CTD, I had the uiautomationcore.dll (Version 6.0.58) in my root FSX folder. The CTD itself pointed to NTDLL.DLL as the cause of the CTD - so I'm wondering if I should put a 32Bit NTDLL.DLL file in my Root FSX folder to gain protection against it crashing as I did with the uiautomationcore.dll .

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

U can try it, I personally have just done what i've read about on the forums and my texture max load =4096. Load radius is max

OK, that makes a lot more sense. MY BAD - I missed that "FSX Folder" part in your original post.Having the CORRECT (or suitable versions) in the FSX directory will force their use, if a suitable version is not being specified in the dll's manifest. Loser.gif
Geoff,Would you happen to know what these dlls actually do?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The vista version of the uiautomation core.dll actuall tell fsx to use that one as it is in the FSX folder when placed. and leaves the win 7 alone :)

I don't have either 71 file in my FSX root,(have uiAutomationcore)No crashes for me, But I get the occasional pin error on the FMC,when trying to access the navdata page.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I placed UIAutomationCore.dll (file version 6.0.6001.18000 modified 20/01/2008 21:24) in my FSX folder after getting CTD's clicking on menus. Never had one since.Not tried the other files as everything is stable.