Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Palm Springs KPSP no ATIS

PM me your e-mail. I'll PM mine to allow me through your ISP and pc spam filters.

I finally got a usable version and have sent it on to Airbus. All of the excludes and added buildings are there. I just left the changed code in for the ATIS assigning the ICAO and frequency. The default frequencies are now all there and the airport is treated as towered, that is Ground came up in the intial menu and when selected all of the options were there. I don't see any default buildings merged with the new ones. Shez; I used ScruffyDuck's BGL2XML decompiler with the GUI front end on your original KPSPmain.bgl, made that one change in the ATIS line adding the ICAO (just in case you wanted to keep it in there), and then passed it to the bgl compiler from the FS9 SDK using the front end GUI for that from ScruffyDuck. It took me a while to get the bgl compiler with all of the components working. The only code it did not like was DeleteAllApronLights as part of the airport family delete. It was a schema error. i checked the xsd schema file and it was in there so ???? Anyway I got a successful compile in spite of the error. The file was there.
Sounds like a success! Thanks! Could you send me the update too? Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

That would be an honor, sir. Please PM me your current e-mail address. We'll set up our spam filters to allow us through. The one code that was not accepted was DeleteAllApronlights but you have those set to false anyway. I did get a compile out of it and decompiled that and all was in there that you placed pus the added ATIS Ident that I added. I'll send that XML code included with the .bgl for you to test and distribute as you wish.

Sounds like a success! Thanks! Could you send me the update too? Shez

A quick note that after I hand coded the ATIS fix and got it to compile with bglcompile ADE imported that bgl with all objects showing including those generic buildings and excludes which were left out of the original import. Usually if something is outside of the SDK you get a warning on it. Whatever, the ATIS thing caused a chain reaction. I have 150.05 and it should be noted that the tool import stock data failed when I tried to import stock comms. Just something to be aware of. Again, send me a PM for that hand coded compiled file and XML source with your contact e-mail address.

In the interest of accuracy, I would like to address some of Ron"s statements. First off, he is correct in saying the reason there is no ATIS at Shez's KPSP is caused by the presence of an ATIS in KPSPmain.bgl that is missing a name. Repairing that statement by adding an ICAO to the name= does fix the missing ATIS problem, though there is no need for any ATIS in KPSPmain.bgl as there is one at KPSP by default. Ron stated- "ADE 1.50 stripped out all of your excludes" I imported KPSPmain.bgl in to ADE9 and saw that it did not strip them out, in fact here they are...BTW, the blue boxes are the generic buildings Shez placed that Ron said were stripped out by ADE. Ron also stated -"ADE 1.50 ... changed delete all frequencies to true." That is how ADE works. There is a workaround if you have a ProKey. Ron stated -"I have 150.05 and it should be noted that the tool import stock data failed when I tried to import stock comms." Works fine for me... You can see them listed in the screenshot, along with Shez's un-named ATIS. You will also note the little headphones for the stock data are light gray and the ATIS is dark gray. One thing about ADE that is not, to the best of my knowledge, clearly stated in the documentation is that loading the stock COMMs is informational only and that info will not get compiled unless you add each frequency to your ADE file. This is confirmed by this screenshot showing one of the features available only to ProKey users...Note the "skip compile" is set to "true" and also the "STOCK DISPLAY ITEM NOT BEING COMPILED". Simply loading the stock COMMs will not add them to the resulting .bgl and since ADE, by default, deletes all frequencies you end up with a non-towered airport. Knowing all this is why I posted the procedure above, following it will result in a working KPSP. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Thanks for pointing this out. As I noted adding the ATIS name produced also a file that did import correctly into ADE and I saw all of the excludes and new objects as in your screen shots. In the original code Shez produced I saw that he intended to pass on the previous comms. ADE did not generate any error in its built in decompile so it took me a while to recognize this. It is true your way would have worked but only if you have the ProKey feature so ADE would not delete previous frequencies. Thanks for the clue on the frequency import function being informational. I did not see any action on it and I'll try again. I had questioned whether removing the ATIS directly in ADE would restore the new buildings and excludes and it did not. I just decided to use bgltoxml to decompile the original bgl which clued me in to the objects not imported into ADE, make the ATIS corection there, and compile with the bglcompiler. After seeing the new bgl worked I imported that into ADE and saw the correct objects in the view. i didn't know about the ProKey feature about setting the statements in the Delete Airport function. I'll get the key. I've got to walk before I can run :) with ADE.

My procedure, as posted in reply #2, does work and does not require the ProKey. I intentionally did not include anything that would require the ProKey so those that do not have it could still fix KPSP. The ATIS issue has absolutely no effect on any exclusions and/or scenery objects, including the generic buildings placed by Shez. "ADE did not generate any error in its built in decompile..." why would it? ADE only generates errors if you use it to try to compile a file that has errors in it. "It is true your way would have worked but only if you have the ProKey feature so ADE would not delete previous frequencies."- My way does work without the ProKey because I compiled the .xml with BGLComp and not ADE. Again, I did this because ADE will change the deleteAllFrequencies = "FALSE" statement to deleteAllFrequencies = "TRUE" when it compiles. BGLComp will not make that change allowing the default COMMs to be used without the end-user having to add them all in, one at a time, in ADE. "I just decided to use bgltoxml to decompile the original bgl which clued me in to the objects not imported into ADE". What objects were not imported into ADE? As my screenshots show, ADE correctly handled all of Shez's excludes and generic buildings. I am using the same version of ADE as you are, I cannot believe it works differently for you than for me. The ProKey does not change the way ADE works, it only allows access to some features not available to those that don't have it. If you do get the ProKey, be careful and make sure you back up everything you do. With it, you can quickly screw up an airport if you don't know what you are doing. regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

We just work in different ways and you are more experienced. I started out programming at the assembly language level and the C and VC. I would not have expected the average user to use bglcompile. ADE will throw an error or caution if it detects something when it decompiles in loading a file direct from .bgl if it has an item not in the schema SDK reference. I have seen that on a few occasions. Thanks for the caution on ProKey. I have just picked up a freeware XML editor that will check an XML document against the referenced schema and namespace. I used it to confirm my compiled correction then decompiled source was correct. I'll mention one more issue if you use Scruffyduck's GUI fron end to bglcompiler. It warned of a fatal error in compiling the XML file with the code I corrected. It complained abour DeleteAllApronlights as an invalid token. I repasted it in direct from the schema xsd file but it still gave me a warning. However, the file did compile. Now when I opened airport direct from bgl Shez's KMSPMAIN.bgl originally into ADE where the ATIS ICAO was not defined, no error was thrown. I just decided the enter the ICAO and save the project. On looking at the view it was the usual bland display without buildings which I though was normal. I looked at the decompiled xml of the original bgl and saw excludes and generic buildings added that did not display. ADE dropped them because of the error in not specifying the ATIS ICAO. After I corrected that and the delete statements to match Shez's specification and compiled it, I repeated the open airport from bgl and the buildings and excludes were then displayed and the lists for those were no longer empty. So I'll post on FSDeveloper about the item in ADE and also the perhaps false error in his front end to bglcompiler and see what he says. BTW, I also make original and progressive backups manually in safe folders and do not necessarily depend on a programming application to do that. So don't be concerned about me using ProKey. I have learned to play it conservatively and very safe. That's why I examine code with decompiling after using a higher level programming app. No criticism but I think we are off topic here for this particular thread and forum. And I am not criticizing your original reply. If you look at the posting times we were just a minute apart with you first. So when I looked at replies I quickly scrolled down to mine to see the reply to me missing yours. When I scroll quickly for my last entry I look for my banner. That's why I missed your initial comments. Thanks again for the pointers and cautions.