Sign in to follow this  
ICMC

Cannot save Flightplans from FSC 8.6 into PMDG

Hi all When I swant to save a flightplan from FlightSim Commander version 8.6 it will save it into FSinn and FSX but will always come up with an error Error in Writing PMDG Plan Anyone any thoughts on that? Even better: a solution? Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

Is no one using FSC here???

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

I use FSC and I have no problem with it. I actually used it just few hours ago and my plan loaded into the NGX FMC like it should. Robert

I use FSC 9.0. I'm not sure what the upgrade is like for existing customers. http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd500!0,5906113700,11745 according to this you get a special update discount by entering in your old key while ordering. I'd suggest having a think about updating, I run it fine with no issues. Even implements SiD/Stars to PMDG/Level-D flight plans for you. However, if you don't choose to upgrade, I'd say your best bet is the Aerosoft support forums.

I used both 8.6 and 9 and never had trouble with either extra for when it did not know where the Flight Sim directory was. You didn't install it in C:\Program Files\ did you? Windows protect these and unless you are running as admin then you have trouble saving things.

Did you set the path in FSX to the flightplans folder in PMDG?[your settings] [path to Flight Simulator X]\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS I never had any problems with FSC 8.6 nor with Version 9.

Hello Whats FSC like I have considered EFB bus still deciding Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Did you set the path in FSX to the flightplans folder in PMDG?[your settings] [path to Flight Simulator X]\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS I never had any problems with FSC 8.6 nor with Version 9.
EberhardHmm that is a prob. Yes and No.I had to configure the FSX path in FSC as it isn't on the same drive. That was not aproblem and it isn't moaning about that now. But then thinknt=g to change the path to drive:\FSC\pmdg\Flightplans it said that it cannot find the fsx path. So I changed it back to fsx and that is not a problem but it still will not save to PMDG
Hello Whats FSC like I have considered EFB bus still deciding Wayne
Wayne I don't know EFB but I can say FSC is fantastic. Lots of add-ons. You can see VatSim traffic, have weather integrated, etc..I like it Thx Ian

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Wrong info. You dont need to set the path to to the PMDG flightplans. FSC knows it is in the Flight Simulator X folder so you only have to tell it where that is.

FSC is really great. You need to poin the first option in the Flightplan tab of FSC to your FS aircraft folder. That does the trick for me. don't change the second option.

Wrong info. You dont need to set the path to to the PMDG flightplans. FSC knows it is in the Flight Simulator X folder so you only have to tell it where that is.
You are absolutely right. I was thinking FSC 8.6. It was changed in Version 9.

FSC is really great. You need to poin the first option in the Flightplan tab of FSC to your FS aircraft folder. That does the trick for me. don't change the second option. You are absolutely right. I was thinking FSC 8.6. It was changed in Version 9.
Guys You are confusing me now. I have FSC v8.6 so what do we have to do there forget about 9 I don't have that.I have told FSC where FSX is. but it still cannot find the PMDG file it seems as it says it cannot save in PMDG.So back to square one.

Ian C. McCulloch

It only can get better

Sorry, that wasn't my intention. If you refer to the manual (of version 8.6) on page 54 you will find the procedure for setting up the PMDG flightplans.