Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyf38

Pitch attitude on approach and touchdown.

This is easy! Pitch on approach on a 3 degree glideslope should be 2 degrees up at flap 30, at VREF +5. [The manual says so, apologies if I'm wrong] The PMDG NGX in the same scenario is zero degrees. A slight adjustment and it's there in my opinion. Something I can do in the aircraft cfg in minutes. Something tells me your issues will be gone with a minor tweak. Hopefully PMDG will correct this minor issue, unless they believe we are in error. Martin Wilby

Guest tonyf38
Sorry Tony, But this video doesn't say anything except for the incredible smooth fps!! Praying.gif . You are flying a visual approach without even set up the MCP (speed???) correctly. Please do it again, but this time with an ILS, show us your approach page with the speeds and fly it with Vref30+5. You can say that there is no sense arguing about this but why do you ignore the comments of real world pilots who fly the 737NG everyday? I know you want to think that the NGX is dead accurate on this moment but it is not. It is an amazing peace of a product but it is not hard to tell that the flightmodel is not correct on the approach.
Now that's funny.. BTW, The speed was set up correctly during the actual approach, I just didn't reset the MCP settings after the recording.. I ignore those who say they're real world pilots and are not..

Guest tonyf38

What attitude did the -800 touch down at??

And what was his pitch throughout the approach. About three degrees or so. In the PMDG bird we see ZERO degrees. Martin Wilby

About 3,5 degrees? What's your point? Fact is the NGX has a attitude of 0 degrees at Vref30+5 which should be higher and has a excessive float tendency when flaring. What is so difficult about that?

I don't know what to believ anymore regarding this. If it I'd a bug, I'm sure it will be fixed, but that video did look like 3 degrees on flare like the Ngx does.I wish we could get input from real ng pilots.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Guest tonyf38

I was quoting Brayton who said I was misleading people about the 4-7 degree pitch up attitude at touchdown that the FTCM states..

About 3,5 degrees? What's your point? Fact is the NGX has a attitude of 0 degrees at Vref30+5 which should be higher and has a excessive float tendency when flaring. What is so difficult about that?
That was my point.

I don't know what to believ anymore regarding this. If it I'd a bug, I'm sure it will be fixed, but that video did look like 3 degrees on flare like the Ngx does.I wish we could get input from real ng pilots.
I don't want to call it a bug. The flightmodel is just a bit off in that stage of the flight. But hey, we are talking about a FSX add-on of 70 dollars. When this is the case in a full flight sim, then you can talk about a bug! :-) It will actually never get past the certification.

Guest tonyf38

Ok, talk to PMDG about it.. Like I said, I don't have this issue and for those who do, I'm sure they'll fix it for you..

I don't want to call it a bug. The flightmodel is just a bit off in that stage of the flight. But hey, we are talking about a FSX add-on of 70 dollars. When this is the case in a full flight sim, then you can talk about a bug! :-) It will actually never get past the certification.
You are right. But hey, it's pmdg if they did make a mistake I'm sure it will be corrected.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

You can clearly see in this video, that the pitch on approach is 2-3 degrees up, and that the attitude upon flare is about 4 degrees. We see zero pitch on approach in the PMDG 737 and less pitch upon flare.

Martin Wilby

Ok, talk to PMDG about it.. Like I said, I don't have this issue and for those who do, I'm sure they'll fix it for you..
So you won't install the fix if they publish it? ;-)