Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

CTD - On descent to ORBX PNW

I've had two CTD flying the same route in the NGX. LAS-SEA Both times crash happened just past TOD. Here is the routing - SHEAD7 OAL YERIN LKV BTG OLM7 I'm not able to test if this happens in other aircraft, because this is the only FSX jet I've got installed. Here is the crash log: Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x000ba79fFaulting process id: 0xd10Faulting application start time: 0x01cc6020cf64374fFaulting application path: K:\FSX\fsx.exeFaulting module path: K:\FSX\g3d.dllReport Id: 13591867-cc29-11e0-983c-001fbc083d55

LOL, that doesn't make any sense. i7-920 at 3.8Ghz. I've been running this system without issue for the last couple of years.

Search this forum and the ORBX forums...there are many reports of crashes associated with the NGX and ORBX scenery. The GPU may not be the issue but rather heavy loads on FSX's ability (or lack thereof) to manage memory loads. There appear to be many variables that might affect this issue, including a user's FSX graphics and ingame settings, particularly scenery autogen, AI traffic density, etc.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

My bad - GTX 460. I will check over on the Orbx forums. Interestingly it happened at the same time on the same route and not at other add-on airports. Thanks Wayne

The Seattle area is the Bermuda Triangle of FSX. Adding ORBX and a resource-hungry NGX to the mix doesn't make matters better. Try taking autogen and AI traffic way down, that worked for me in that area.

Its your GPU. What kind of GPU do u have?
It's nothing to do with the gpu. As already stated many people are experiencing g3d.dll errors with various hardware configurations, from old computers to bleeding edge in PNW regions and all flying different aircraft. I for one have given up even attempting to use this region and have gotten this error 100s of times and running it on Windows 7 Pro 64bit and also XP 64 Bit. ORBX wont fully accept there is something within this region which is triggering this error, perhaps not their scenery itself but certainly causing FSX and its subsystem to throw up this frustrating fatal error. The last time I looked their forum page had 21 pages of info with various tests being carried out and no one can find a cure. I for one couldnt cure it with my i7 980x and 480GTX, did all the drivers, vanilla cfgs, fresh OS installs, default clock speeds, basic addons etc etc...spent about a month solid trying to cure it before almost binning the sim then came across the forum showing so many have this issue in this area. Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

It doesn't just happen with the NGX. I have had CTD's with the iFly NG also. You can fly the same route 10 times in a row and it will crash in the exact same place. Mine are usually NTDLL.dll related. ORBX says it's not their scenery causing it. Who knows?

NAX669.png

I have PNW and have flown both my PMDG 747X and MD-11 without issue. Have not done so with my NGX yet.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

i have similar issues with ORBX its not the GPU or CPU and i run and I7-970 and GTX480 somebody help US!!!

I used to get them flying into Seattle. Then I deleted the FPS Limiter, haven't had a single one since.

I exp the same thing when I fly from PAFA TO KDCA when getting closer to AML way point it freeze I have to close it manually.

I just flew the NGX into JFK down the Canarsie shoot to minimums using the HUD. It was amazing...and thankfully no crash. The Bermuda Triangle reference was hilarious! So, is this localized just to Seattle in people's experience? I was thinking of getting central rockies, but I'm nervous to drop the cash now.