Sign in to follow this  
JHepburn

CTD - On descent to ORBX PNW

Guest simmer9304
It doesn't just happen with the NGX. I have had CTD's with the iFly NG also. You can fly the same route 10 times in a row and it will crash in the exact same place. Mine are usually NTDLL.dll related. ORBX says it's not their scenery causing it. Who knows?
There's some interesting testing going on behind the scenes at ORBX on CTD's. Some fixes have been found but Seattle was pretty terrible to begin with. Some of it is rather amazing how much of FSX ACES 'forgot' to put in. Missing textures, missing models, all sorts of missing things. Yes, there is also a bit of developer error in there too I found it in my own work and in other work. Regards, Alex

I used to get them flying into Seattle. Then I deleted the FPS Limiter, haven't had a single one since.
I tried it with or without fps limiter installed to no avail, still got the error. Can invoke it by flying a flightplan as mentioned on ORBX forum and just passing Olympia VOR to head south towards Portland will cause it to crash no matter what my scenery settings are :( Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

So this thead is only about ORBX scenery in the USA? I don't have Pacific Northwest or any ORBX USA scenery but I do have 4 Airports from ORBX in Austrailia that are awesome, and a joy to fly into everytime. YBCS - Cairns / YBBN - Brisbane / YSCB - Canberra / YMML - Melborne Only issues I ever had with these was Melbourne when it first came out was FPS heavy but when Melbourne 2.0 came out that was all fixed. The other issue was with Cairns when pulling up to gate would collide with some invisible object. This has also been fixed. All four run flawlessly for me now. So if your using an older version go to their website and Get the patches. YMML - No Patch but current version is 2.0YSCB - Patch version is 1.10YBBN - Patch version is 1.21YBCS - Patch version is 1.10

I have tried the uiautomationcore.dll file as well which didnt work, its only linked to Black Screen of Deaths (from accessing menus) or a CTD with your Event Viewer stating that module was at fault. In PNW, and even up into Rockies scenery from ORBX I was still getting the G3D.dll crash and no amount of tinkering would cure it or changes to my settings or even hardware as tried various cpu, memory and gpus Chris Ibbotson
So this thead is only about ORBX scenery in the USA? I don't have Pacific Northwest or any ORBX USA scenery but I do have 4 Airports from ORBX in Austrailia that are awesome, and a joy to fly into everytime. YBCS - Cairns / YBBN - Brisbane / YSCB - Canberra / YMML - Melborne Only issues I ever had with these was Melbourne when it first came out was FPS heavy but when Melbourne 2.0 came out that was all fixed. The other issue was with Cairns when pulling up to gate would collide with some invisible object. This has also been fixed. All four run flawlessly for me now. So if your using an older version go to their website and Get the patches. YMML - No Patch but current version is 2.0YSCB - Patch version is 1.10YBBN - Patch version is 1.21YBCS - Patch version is 1.10
Many users also get the CTD around FTX's Brisbane Airport, perhaps when running it alongside their texture replacement packages for Gold Coast etc Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Well I been using Uiautomationcore.dll fix for over a year and never had any problems with it. Actually by installing it i have rarely had a crash to desktop since. I can't even remember the last time it happened other than the X52 Pro - NGX issue but I solved that one. If UIAUTOMATIONCORE.dll is crashing you then something else in your setup is conflicting with it. I do notice a lot of you are using Windows 7. I am still on 64-bit Vista cause after years of customizing and getting FSX to run so smooth, it just doesn't make sense to switch. If it aint broke don't mess with it. I won't have any problems with Brisbane cause I only using the ORBX airports and that is all. Another thing to think about is FSX Acceleration. If you have it, get rid of it! Nothing but a headache with a lot of sceneries. I used to have it until one of the Pros told me FSX will run better and more glitch free with SP1 and SP2 and NO Acceleration. He was right because I been running glitch free every since. With SP1 and SP2 installed it the same thing as acceleration without the extra planes and headaches. Other than that the only tweaks I did to my FSX.cfg were Highmemfix=1BufferPools=0Shader 3.0 ModENB Series Mod With the above configuration I can run Rex at 4096 resolution and still get pretty good frame rates on my low end system using a mix of high to ultra high settings. I am on a Q6600 Quad Core overclocked to 3.0 ghz, 8 gig of ram and an 8800 GTX card. FSX on all addons on a Dedicated Drive Do plan on upgrading soon to a next-gen Sandy Bridge or IVY Bridge. A little worried about the upgrade though cause even the guys with 4.4 ghz overclocks seem to have a lot of issues.