Sign in to follow this  
nicobecker37

Tutorial please!

The tutorial added to the download is nice but it begins in the stage of a running 737. I it possible to get a tutorial which starts from scratch eg cold and dark cockpit? Thanks!!

They're working on it, although I seriously doubt it's high on the priority list right now.Following the FCOM and the FCTM will get you a long way though.

They're working on it, although I seriously doubt it's high on the priority list right now.Following the FCOM and the FCTM will get you a long way though.
Actually i would rather see a more realistic start i.e. External power on, lights and some systems up and running as in the real world.That is how the MD-11 tutorial is set up.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

In real life, a lot depends on the time of day. When we get to our planes at 5 AM, most of the times they're dark and, well, pretty cold ;-) later in the day (when you're not the first crew on board) that will change of course.If you know how to do a Cold & Dark start, turning her around is rather easy ;-)

They need to make at least one from cold and dark so some people learn how to start it from that state.Many people don't know how to start this NG from cold and dark correctly yet.

just a thought like i did followed the fcom took me awhile to learn once did it a few times have no probs people are begining to be lazy and dont want to read the manual that are given with the ngx expect other poeple to do the hard yards for them nothing wrong with taking ur time reading the manuals

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

just a thought like i did followed the fcom took me awhile to learn once did it a few times have no probs people are begining to be lazy and dont want to read the manual that are given with the ngx expect other poeple to do the hard yards for them nothing wrong with taking ur time reading the manuals
Peter,before you flame people for not having read a 3500+ pages set of manuals - and call them lazy, too! - please have the courtesy and quit writing your posts the way you do. By using only small letters and SMS abbreviations, non-use of commas or periods etc. and bad spelling, YOU make it hard for other people who have to decipher your posts first and then mentally arrange them into blocks of information that make sense - if there is any. You have already received remarks by other persons reference to this, but you appear to be ignorant about it.Laziness? Sloppiness? Or some lack of respect for others?Sorry, just couldn't resist.

There has been a lot of RTFM bashing recently, but to be fair, the information is there if you are willing to spend the time looking for it. And it doesn't involve reading 3500 pages. I came across a very good check list (can't find the link atm) in this forum and used that. I then followed the three or so tutorial flights that Tom has very kindly written as an introduction to route planning. Therefore I can now plan my own routes and start the aircraft from cold and shut it down at the end of the flight. I've learnt lots in the last few days. It doesn't take much effort, but it is very rewarding. I look forward to the tutorial #2 as I'm sure it will provide me with lots of detail, but for now I don't need it so much. One day I will conquer the FCOM/FCTM, but with a 12 week old baby it's only posible to chip away at chunks of information. Just take it one step at a time! Hope that helps smile.png

Ed Haslam

Do a google search for the tutorial that was written for the PMDG 737NG for FS9. That was a great tutorial and it was in version 2 so thats the one you want. JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

As for the RTFM posts which may appear rude at times - often they are not entirely inappropriate.What's inappropriate is the attitude of some guys who walk in and go like "tell me how to fly the NGX like a real pilot in five minutes, and do it pronto!" I keep repeating myself, but there are a lot of addons out there which are good-looking and don't require knowledge about in-depth real-life procedures.

Dave P. Woycek

Withdrawn. Sorry. Decided to make it a new topic. Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Peter,before you flame people for not having read a 3500+ pages set of manuals - and call them lazy, too! - please have the courtesy and quit writing your posts the way you do. By using only small letters and SMS abbreviations, non-use of commas or periods etc. and bad spelling, YOU make it hard for other people who have to decipher your posts first and then mentally arrange them into blocks of information that make sense - if there is any. You have already received remarks by other persons reference to this, but you appear to be ignorant about it.Laziness? Sloppiness? Or some lack of respect for others?Sorry, just couldn't resist.
Hi i take what u have said on board, since that what u get when not thinking before posting, but seems to me you have a grudge against me for some reason i havn't worked out as yet. Since I'am the only post that you have attacked for writting sms etc, and there are lots of post in here. Small letters dont know where you are going on here, Laziness in writting post maybe, but searching the manuals i think not, it didnt take me long to find the 20 or so pages to be able to start the 737ngx from a cold and dark state to engine start, not the 3500 pages + you were refering to. Think I used the index section to find the engine start in the normal proceedure section in the fcom oh sorry for your information fcom is short for Flight crew Operation Manual. As of respect of others in here i respect everyone, not my nature to dis- respect others since there enough going around the world as of today to worry about. Oh by the way i couldn't resist either

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg