Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

A suggestion for the upcoming SP1

PMDG did well to make the interaction of bank angle limiter and heading selector orthogonal, i. e. use the mouse wheel to operate the heading selector without running the risk of turning the bank angle selector because the latter can only be switched by using left/right mouse clicks. I'd love to see the same implemented for: - BARO/RADIO switch and decision alt/height selector. BARO/RADIO with left/right mouse, alt/height selector with mouse wheel so we cannot accidentally switch from radio to baro wheile setting decision height/alt - Altimeter mode (InHg/hPa) and actual altimeter setting What do you think?

Dave P. Woycek

I like this idea. It can get hard to turn the correct knob when descending through clouds with heavy turbulence. The camera shake sometimes makes it hard.

Yeah, I wondered why that control scheme was used with the heading knob and the bank limiter but not with the Baro/Radio knobs that are subject to the same problem that they tried to avoid with the heading knob.

Because the suggestion came extremely late in the process from a tester and we just didn't think about it with respect to the baro/radio - I'll ask about doing it for SP1.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Because the suggestion came extremely late in the process from a tester and we just didn't think about it with respect to the baro/radio - I'll ask about doing it for SP1.
That would be very nice !! The NGX never ceases to amaze me.

OT but i didn't want to open yet another thread, is there any light at the end of the tunnel about the activation issues? Tawanda

My suggestion would be on the failures module - for there to be a page which shows all the times for the various components rather than having to click each one to see where its at. Fix the fuel temp issue when reloading panel sometimes - as this reults in elec hyd overheat(good to see it works though!) There also seems to be an issue when you create user made waypoints - if you say modify a route and then want to move one of those up or make it the direct to point it drops discontinues everywhere(maybe how it should be) unlike when you move a real fix. look into the trim issue - as the logic doesnt seem to make sense, cant control with button both ways when powered down hydraulics but can if click on wheel in VC.

look into the trim issue - as the logic doesnt seem to make sense, cant control with button both ways when powered down hydraulics but can if click on wheel in VC.
You can't use the ELEC trim on the yoke with no hydraulic pressure. However, you can still manually trim using the trim wheel. They've modelled it correctly. Tawanda

Thanks Ryan for considering this. Please consider not only the baro/radio, but also the InHg/hPa which shows the same behavior when setting the altimeter. Regards Dave

Dave P. Woycek

PMDG did well to make the interaction of bank angle limiter and heading selector orthogonal, i. e. use the mouse wheel to operate the heading selector without running the risk of turning the bank angle selector because the latter can only be switched by using left/right mouse clicks. I'd love to see the same implemented for: - BARO/RADIO switch and decision alt/height selector. BARO/RADIO with left/right mouse, alt/height selector with mouse wheel so we cannot accidentally switch from radio to baro wheile setting decision height/alt - Altimeter mode (InHg/hPa) and actual altimeter setting What do you think?
I think you have a good point I also think that PMDG has done a SUPERB job with the mouse interaction on this aircraft The only thing i'd like to see changed some day is the annoying windows context menu when right-clicking that sometime comes up when your viewpoint is slightly too far away from reaching the buttons.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable