Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Radar Contact and the new NGX

It seems everytime I use Radar Contact, most times not all, it is not sending me to Approach. I was 40 miles (south) outside of KSLC and it vectored me south...?I am now 80 miles on a 170 course south of KSLC and will be closing RC4 This would not happen often with other A/C Is this seen elsewhere? Anyone getting this? Allen L

Interesting, I haven't fired up RC4 yet with the NGX. Hope there haven't been any other issues?

Ed Haslam

Interesting, I haven't fired up RC4 yet with the NGX. Hope there haven't been any other issues?
I haven't had any issues.

Guest Turboblower

no issues here, all good.

I guess you checked the waypoints of the flightplan used by RC4 and the one used by the FMC?Sometimes I make some changes in the FMC flightplan and forget to "let RC4 know". Then it can happen that they send me the wrong way. I use RC4 all the time with 737 NGX and have no problems besides the fact that RC4 often lets me descend somewhat too late for the approach.They must be thinking my 737 descends like a brick in free fall. greetsJanEHGG, the Netherlands

I've made a number of flights with RC4 and the NGX and have only had one thing I'd never seen before: Approaching KDEN, ATC told me to expect a hold due to heavy traffic. Instead of directing me to a specific intersection for the hold, it vectored me around in a big square pattern. Yes, I have holds enabled on RC4...and I assume that's all it was. I've never had RC4 give me a hold before. In any case, the aircraft you're flying won't change how RC4 behaves, or at least not as radically as you've experienced. There's something else that caused that.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

No issues on RC4 and NGX. Make sure your flightplans with RC4 and your FMC match. In case of approaches, I always use the IAP approach option and perform it according to my charts.