Sign in to follow this  
N8015X

Please fix the break issue

I know this has been discussed in the forums already, but I just want to let Rob and team know that I have installed the latest hotfix for the NGX and the breaks not disconnecting issue on landing hasn't been resolved. A forum member said it fixed the issue for them. I have read the manual and I am breaking after autobreaks have been disabled. I break several times and full breaks and it still doesn't disconnect. It appears that this issue is only happening to some as I have seen youtube videos where this doesn't happen. While I'm sure you guys are busy, I and a number of others need to get this issue figured out and resolved. After I land I am unable to taxi to the gate unless after the full stop I set the parking break on the runway and then release the parking break, but then after that I am unable to break the whole taxi to the gate. I am certainly not upset in any way and I know that little bugs like this will happen after a product releases. I know it will get fixed in time, but please put this issue high up on the list if possible. Many thanks for your dedication to the comunity and your great products.

How are you disabling auto brakes? You have to do it by applying manual brakes either fully, or 2 quick taps on them, or period key a couple of times. You don't deactivate them with the switch.

Stowing the spoiler on rollout disables auto brakes as well....at least it does for me. I've yet to have any brake issues on landing/rollout.

I think you are having a controller setup issue, as my braking works fine with the double tap procedure as per the Introduction manual. I don't think there's a bug here.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Set the A/B to off and double tap, has worked and still works like a charm.

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead

Or you could do what I do and hold the brakes down a couple seconds then reach over and switch the auto brakes knob to off? Then continue braking as needed manually.

Set the A/B to off and double tap, has worked and still works like a charm.
Should be other way round - manual braking which will turn autobrake off(switch becomes orange) then you would turn the switch to off for real world procedure. For manual braking - aslong as you have configured your controllers properly (check you dont have them configured in both FSX and Fsupic- use only one) Then apply them fully quickly to get it off - or a quick double tap then progressive manual braking. Or if using a throttle like saitek map the period key to one of the buttons below one of your levers )throttle or reversers) this way when you ready to go to manual braking you can just drop the lever to bottom it will do a double tap effectively and you can continue with normal braking

I was only replying to the previous poster...What you mentioned is what I usually did, but noticed in some cases, it wouldn't disengage, so after braking, if no orange light, I did what I posted up there :)

Charan Kumar
FSX/XPX vPilot
VATSIM ZOA and Oceanic Controller (Pacific)

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has - Margaret Mead