Sign in to follow this  
sunxuyang

i can't select the point from FIX page?

Try this. Put the fix you want in the fix page. Now you should see an ABM in the 5L LSK (sorry going by memory here). Push the ABM button (i think once BUT it might be twice you have to push it). Now in the scratchpad you should see a string of letter/numbers. Go back to legs page and enter this string of letters in the legs where you want it. Now the fix should be called something like YVR01 or something. (the YVR in your case would be three letters pertaining to YOUR fix. ) So if it is the ORD VOR it would now be in the legs page as ORD01

You do that right in the legs page. Type your PBD point on scratchpad and enter it right below the previous point. It will create a discontinuity that you can easily clear.The fix page is mainly for visual reference of other fix points, range arcs, radials, restrictions, and for abm notifications. A common use of the fix page is to trace ranges around your ETOPS fields. In the fix page i don't think you can enter PBD points, you have to enter the place in LSK1L, and then in the folowwing lines you enter bearing and distance (this im not 100% sure as i haven't done it in ages).

Omar Josef
737/757/767

sure thanks man! another question, sorrry for so many questions, is : how can we create a point which is 6 nm of station A and 060 of Station 2 (although there might be two intersections) i heard some pilots mentioning that.

i would like to know how you would program a arc in the fix page. for instance NICE has one ,i think it is called arc NIZ/27DME when you are on intercepting 04L or R ThanksMichael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Try this. Put the fix you want in the fix page. Now you should see an ABM in the 5L LSK (sorry going by memory here). Push the ABM button (i think once BUT it might be twice you have to push it). Now in the scratchpad you should see a string of letter/numbers. Go back to legs page and enter this string of letters in the legs where you want it. Now the fix should be called something like YVR01 or something. (the YVR in your case would be three letters pertaining to YOUR fix. ) So if it is the ORD VOR it would now be in the legs page as ORD01
I believe the issue at hand here is that normally that would work, however, nothing appears in the scratchpad on the FIX page. as discussed here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/342850-programming-a-dme-arc What can be done at the moment is to create waypoints manually in the LEGS page, so for instance YVR090/10 for 90 degrees from YVR, distance 10 nm

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

sure thanks man! another question, sorrry for so many questions, is : how can we create a point which is 6 nm of station A and 060 of Station 2 (although there might be two intersections) i heard some pilots mentioning that.
You can create PBD (place bearing / distance) or PBPB (place bearing / place bearing) points. There is no way to create PDPD points. As you say, it could result in two points. Best you can do is to crete both fixes in the fix page with their corresponding circunference and then fly on HDG mode.
i would like to know how you would program a arc in the fix page. for instance NICE has one ,i think it is called arc NIZ/27DME when you are on intercepting 04L or R ThanksMichael
DME ARCs are some of the legs you cannot draw yourself. You can create point after point though, some 5 nm apart. You could also create a fix on the fix page and set a radius that you can follow on HGD mode. Although the best thing you can do is fly the DME like any instrument pilot would... You have a wonderful RMI on that panel.

Omar Josef
737/757/767