Sign in to follow this  
fuzybr5

having problems starting fs2 crew

hi bryan I Down loaded fs2 crew 767 lvld for fsx im running windows 7 64bit what is going on is that i ld upthe plane and the config and when i try to start the fs2 panal nothing is there so i read that if that happens try the registry and i tried that but couldnt find it i do have the fs2 crew voice for the 737 default it works great and for the wilco but for some reason havinjg problems with this can help plz thx Les

Hi Les, Did you read the manual to make sure you're not missing anything? Make sure you run the Level-D Config Manager as "admin". That's the probably it there. Not running things as an "admin" can prevent external programs from writing to files (like the panel.cfg) files located in the Program Files folder. It's one of those charming security measures Microsoft introduced in Vista to make our lives more complex. Cheers,

oh ok but i checked and it looks like it is but im not sure bryan im not vary computer savvey sorry.

Hi BryanI really need your help if you can I've tried everthing that i know to do if you can help I would greatly appriciate it. thank youLes

Hi Bryan i sent u an email just now will be standing by looking for the responce thank you again

Hello Bryanwell yes you have fixed the problem how ever i did not know you had to b a real pilot in order to fly the thing i have read that manual and went step by step and still have not been able to fly and use fs2 crew cause it said on the fs2 manual that u have to program the fmc or cdu and i dont understand it i have read that manual over and over again and im talking about the 767 manual. i can fly the 767by its self but not with fs2 crew vary upset and disappointed Les

Hi Les, 99 percent of FS2Crew users are not real-world airline pilots. Programming the FMC/CDU is central to the 767 and pretty well all airline simulations. It's well worth the effort to learn how to program the FMC in the 767. There are a million tutorials out there... be sure to search the Avsim file library, YouTube and other sites for tutorials on how to program the FMC. Once you've got it figured out, it's easy. And the good thing is the Boeing FMCs are all basically the same, so once you've got one figured out, you can easily adapt to the 737 or 747's FMC. Best,

well my point was or is on the other fs2 products u didnt have to program the fmc cdu to fly the planes it was there if u did but it still worked great so why is this any different

Certain versions of FS2Crew use data from the FMC to allow the FO to act in a more realistic manner, and to make the simulation more user friendly. For example, in the 767, FS2Crew reads the V speeds for takeoff directly out of the FMC, thus preventing you from having to feed that info into FS2Crew directly. The 767 is a complex airliner. The FMC is central to it. As mentioned, it's well worth the effort to learn how to setup the FMC.

well no doubt im trying but just when u think u got it then theirs somthing else that comes up thats not in the manual and no one knows where to or they dont tell u where to to find it so its vary frustrating to say the least if the manuals would b more detailed in telling u where to go it would make things so much easier but they dont they leave u hanging pulling ur hair out ok sry enough just trying to learn and they r not making it any eaiser

Again, search YouTube and try different tutorial on how to program the FMC. One of them is sure to click for you. Once you've got the knack, they're very simple to setup. It's basically like using a calculator, sorta. It's basically all just data entry. Cheers,