Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Flickering Mouse cursor

Not a big deal, but it gets kinda annoying after a while...any time I move the mouse cursor over a spot in the VC where the cursor has to change to a "hand", it flickers like mad..... I have searched other forums with the same problem, and Ctl-O did nothing....any ideas? Like I said, it is no big deal, although it does slow the system down a bit when it starts to flicker. Will Reynolds

Try cycling through your views S S S S or press ESC twice. Worked for ms once.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Hi WillI've written about this elsewhere. The flickering is a sign that an instruction is only half complete. When you move away from the spot where it started does the flicker go away? What are your specs?

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi WillI've written about this elsewhere. The flickering is a sign that an instruction is only half complete. When you move away from the spot where it started does the flicker go away? What are your specs?
Hi Frank, Yes, if I move away from the hotspot the flickering stops and I get a normal mouse cursor...when I move the cursor to a cockpit turning knob or switch and the cursor has to change to the hand symbol, the flickering starts....it basically shows the hand symbol and then the mouse pointer several times over...hence the flickering... I have an AMD 965BE 3.2G with 4G RAM and a GTX 460 Many thanks Will

Hi Will I take it you do not use triple screens. That being so, and the disappearance of the flickering, puts it outside my experience. However, the problem I have encountered was only affecting high resolution triple screen users. That leads me to a thought. Does your screen resolution match the one you have set in FSX?

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi, i have exactly the same problem with WR269. When only over a hotspot, the mouse cursor is flickering madly, switching between the hand cursor and the normal arrow cursor. I had this problem since from the release of this aircraft and never had a normal period. But i thought it was a minor issue and did not report it here.Now that every other past issues had been corrected for me, this is the only remaining issue. Not a big problem but would like to know if there is a solution.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

Did you guys use REX2? I had the the exact same problem as described in OP, however only when REX2 UI is opened. Once I close that the flicking stops.

I have this problem in the MD11 and was concerned that it would show in the NGX. But the NGX is fine in this respect and I never found a solution for the MD11. I mentioned it in the MD11 forum but no one else reported having the problem. Iain Smith

I found this for the first time last night flying the NGX with Orbx scenery. I only find the issue when my system is under extreme load. I ended up with a CDT due to g3d.dll, not saying it's related, but all suggesting my system is being pushed too far. Chris

Hi Guys, I too have this problem when my system is under load, i.e. NGX +Ezdok + REX or NGX + Ezdok + EFB for instance. if I quit out of REX or EFB leaving FSX with NGX + Ezdok loaded it goes away. I have Windows 7 642 x Zeon 2.8Ghz quad CPU = 8 coresATI 5700 HD series2 GB ramThis is on a MacPro (early 2008) set to duel boot through bootcamp. Phil Broadhurst

I can confirm the flickering since Ive downloaded NGX. Single screen, 1024:768, no REX or anything. Ati HD4650 on winxp 32bit. Latest directx, catalyst 11.6, no hotfixes (yes I know but will wait for the SP1 since it runs perfect for now)Ignat Ignatov

I use REX2 occasionally only to load the texteures before flight, afterwards i'm done with it.I fly online with squawkbox. Sometimes before launching squawkbox, i don't have the flickers. But then after i launch it, it comes back again without stopping.But if this issue is because of pushing the system too far, is it only me who is pushing their system to the limit? I know there are a lot of people whose system specs are lower than mine but not having this issue.By the way, my system specs are:i5 760 @ 3.8 GHzGTX4608 GB RAM at 1600 MHzWin 7 64 bitI use external FPS limiter locked to 30 FPS. My overall FPS is between 25-30 depending on the scenery, clouds etc. And also using ASE for weather.

Murat Okay

Turkish Virtual Airlines

Senior Captain

www.turkishvirtual.com

I have this problem in the MD11 and was concerned that it would show in the NGX. But the NGX is fine in this respect and I never found a solution for the MD11. I mentioned it in the MD11 forum but no one else reported having the problem. Iain Smith
Hey Ian. Same here and i posted in the MD-11 forum. Only solution i found was , download REX2 textures themes only into FSX (forget the weather engine) and then shut down REX2 to fly. I guess that's your situation too?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not a big deal, but it gets kinda annoying after a while...any time I move the mouse cursor over a spot in the VC where the cursor has to change to a "hand", it flickers like mad..... I have searched other forums with the same problem, and Ctl-O did nothing....any ideas? Like I said, it is no big deal, although it does slow the system down a bit when it starts to flicker. Will Reynolds
Try Shift-O instead.

Hey Ian. Same here and i posted in the MD-11 forum. Only solution i found was , download REX2 textures themes only into FSX (forget the weather engine) and then shut down REX2 to fly. I guess that's your situation too?
Yes Rick, that's what I do but it hasn't cured the MD11X problem. I just live with it and am glad it doesn't happen in the NGX. Money%20Eyes.gif Iain Smith