Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Flickering Mouse cursor

Yes Rick, that's what I do but it hasn't cured the MD11X problem. I just live with it and am glad it doesn't happen in the NGX. Money%20Eyes.gif Iain Smith
Hey, you know what, i got so used to leaving REX2 off, i haven't even checked it out on NGX. Guess it wouldn't hurt to take a look.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I also have the flickering mouse “hand” issue, to be clear it only flickers when the cursor is over a hot spot that would change the cursor from an arrow (default) to a hand used in the 737NGX.I really enjoy the REX weather updates and WASYS as I fly around from point to point so I'm not ready to abandon it and love my NGX so for now I live with it.

Mark Zanzig

Same here, but I've heard it was because this addon is a complex aircraft, therefore the plugin must convert FSX's mouse cursor, assuming it's not a default windows cursor, then changing it into a hand on hotspots. I'm not a professional programmer, so I won't know the details.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I had same issue with ATR 72-500 and only with that addon. I spent hours and hours searching the web and trying to find a solution. No luck. I found some other people having same problem, but I guess we all gave it up in the end. I found it very annoying so I had to quit my beloved ATR. Fortunately NGX runs fine for me. By the way, I doubt it has to do with system load. I have run many complex simulations, like Maddog MD82, PMDG J41 and of course NGX on this computer and none of them show cursor flickering.

Sorry to bring back an older topic here guys. Has this issue been comfirmed fixed or under investigation still? I first downloaded the original file and had it installed with no flickering until a fresh FSX install over the last 3-4 days.This time, I have the latest hotfix installed and am now seeing the flicker when I want to do anything on the VC cockpit.I don't use the 2d panel, so don't know if it's happening there too or not. The only change from the original install this time around is the addition of REX and the ORBX products I have for the PNW and Fjords.From reading here and in a few more topics, I'm not sure if this is the problem or not.Hope it's not as trying to fly in the North West and Alaska will be a no no without the ORBX products.And anything world wide will also get hit without REX, although that will be a lot easier to live without than ORBX. Again, sorry for bringing back an older topic.

Has this issue been comfirmed fixed or under investigation still?
Don't know Tom. But you can add me to the list of individuals that gets this when REX is running in the background. I tend to download the weather, and then shut down REX and the flickering goes away. Definitely the combination of NGX and REX does it for me.

Don't know Tom. But you can add me to the list of individuals that gets this when REX is running in the background. I tend to download the weather, and then shut down REX and the flickering goes away. Definitely the combination of NGX and REX does it for me.
Does the flicker go when REX is not working in the background then?If that's the case, should we asking the REX team if something in their modules in FSX are being or are affecting the PMDG modules? At least it's not only me, that makes me a good bit happier that it's not something I've messed up on my system.

I'm running REX2.3 with PMDG 737NGX/EXCA/UT2 on a gaming box with NVida 560GT, and enjoy high frame rates.But I still consistently get the arrow/hand mouse flicker when mousing over a hotspot.However discovered that if I close the REX2 GUI, but leave the REX2 weather engine running, the flickering goes away.I'm guessing the REX2 GUI (main program) talks to FSX or the weather engine in a way that messes the cursor graphics.Is that consistent with what you guys see ?Turning off REX2 GUI doesn't sem to be a problem, unless you want to change options or need it to check weather.

I noticed ages ago that there is a conflict between REX ( and possibly other programs that are open ) and NGX. No REX = no mouse flickering, not sure what is causing the issue. I guess the more complex add-ons we have running at the same time, the higher the risk of something going a bit skewed.It's not a big deal to me.

I'm running REX2.3 with PMDG 737NGX/EXCA/UT2 on a gaming box with NVida 560GT, and enjoy high frame rates.But I still consistently get the arrow/hand mouse flicker when mousing over a hotspot.However discovered that if I close the REX2 GUI, but leave the REX2 weather engine running, the flickering goes away.I'm guessing the REX2 GUI (main program) talks to FSX or the weather engine in a way that messes the cursor graphics.Is that consistent with what you guys see ?Turning off REX2 GUI doesn't sem to be a problem, unless you want to change options or need it to check weather.
It probably is the same for me. I'll check next flight.Although I usally shut down both the GUI and weather engine.

Guys im having this exact problem, but with the NGX?.. Having massive FPS drops when it starts flickering... has anybody got an solution by now?

thanks for any help given