Sign in to follow this  
jason74

NGX Freezes when using Track IR

My ngx freezes up after the initalize when using the track IR. Jason Richards

Jason Richards

My ngx freezes up after the initalize when using the track IR. Jason Richards
Mine doesn't. Some more information would help to make a more educated guess what's going wrong.

Dave P. Woycek

Maybe reinstall TrackIR or consult the TrackIR forum?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

What version of the TrackIR software are you using? I'm still using version 4 because the newer versions gave me all sorts of trouble.In case you don't have the latest TrackIR hardware, giving version 4 of the TrackIR software a try might help.

Dave P. Woycek

I had exactly the same issue since installing TrackIR. I have now reinstalled both the NGX and TrackIR. I have yet to do some testing.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Im using the latest version of Track IR . I have re installed the Track IR and NGX 2 times. Each time after a new install the NGX and Track IR work great togeather for 1 or 2 days then after that the NGX freezes again Jason Richards

Jason Richards

I'm using the latest version of Track IR on Win7 and haven't had any problems.I start TrackIR before hitting 'Fly Now'. At what point are you starting TrackIR?Chris

I would look in the graphics area of your setup. Also the latest TrackIR software addresess some crashing of the TrackIR software when exiting so that may help. Ive had a couple of issues with Track IR 5 with pro clip but ive put mine down to a low spec system throwing up problems in the graphics area. Im using a 2.7ghz duel core, XP pro 32 bit and a Nvida GT 9800 512 card running TH2GO digital across 3 monitors for the main view ahead. Im also using a second card to run a CDU which I dont think is helping matters. Im getting 8-16 FPS using NGX with UK xtream's EGGD but the main issue I'm getting is the Saitek yoke disconnecting when the system 'glitches'. Ive spent ages testing and tweeking to find the cause and in my case I think my system is being pushed just a bit too hard. I think the yoke is the weak link in the system and when it glitches it kicks it out, re-connecting sorts it out but its a pain. I did have the same issue with the same scenery but using a diffrent aircraft (Corenado's Chreokee 180) with VOXATC and VOX using UT2 traffic. I managed to get the 180 and VOXATC sorted by tweaking the graphics software and FSX setting but I'm not 100% convinced ive completly sorted it yet, further testing required. One thing I do after staring up the PC though is start Track IR BEFORE I start FSX ... it seems to like it that way ... on my system at least. Ive managed to get the wife on my side so I can get a new PC ... looking at a custom built i7, windows 7 64 with buckets of RAM and a monster GC ... bang goes about £1,200 ($2,000).

One thing I do after staring up the PC though is start Track IR BEFORE I start FSX ... it seems to like it that way ... on my system at least.
yes, i have the same experience. starting trackir before starting fsx is better.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable