Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

installing multiple PMDG aircraft

Hello folksI have had the Aerosoft PMDG 747X for a little while, and have ordered the Aerosoft PMDG MD-11 which should get here in a week or so. I have also bought the 737NGX...now...what is the best order to install these aircraft? CheersTJ

NGX, 744x, MD-11

I would install the NGX last because of the latest AIRAC database (1108)If you install the others last it might overwrite you latest cycle with an older one ...If you don't want to install the NGX last back up your AIRAC data first (after you installed the NGX) and then replace it with this one ...747x>MD-11>NGX (thats the way they were released and I think the best way to install it)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

The installers should see that the ahead database is newer and not overwrite

Ok thanks, I'll try NGX-747-MD11 then. The reason I asked was because I installed the NGX over the 747X and the 747's PMDG menu options are now missing from the PMDG menu....panel state save/load...options...etc.

Hi Tejon,When you load the Md, or the 47, the PMDG drop downs should appear again. JerryF

Ok thanks, I'll try NGX-747-MD11 then. The reason I asked was because I installed the NGX over the 747X and the 747's PMDG menu options are now missing from the PMDG menu....panel state save/load...options...etc.
That's a dll.xml error - the NGX doesn't even use those menus.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Out of curiosity; what should one do about that .dll error? I'm just about to purchase the MD-11. Is this .dll error common when installing multiple PMDG aircraft? Thank's for all of the hard work PMDG!

Hi Tejon,When you load the Md, or the 47, the PMDG drop downs should appear again. JerryF
Lol thanks, yeah, everything seems fine now. When I get the MD-11 I will reinstall in order released. I suppose NGX should be installed last if we intend on purchasing the 600/700/ER/BBJ...etc