Sign in to follow this  
flydk

secondary runway

Enjoying RC4 very much, what a difference from the fs9 ATC, however i was wondering why RC always uses the secondary runway to takeoff instead of the main runway at EKYT (Aalborg Denmark) my local airport, i do land however on the main runway. Any ideasIdea.gif

Hi Thor, EKYT has a pair of parallel runways of equal length. However, only 26R has an ILS so I'm guessing that is the one RC4 directs you to for landing. For departures the runway used by Ai would be chosen so RC would direct you to that for take-off. It might be that the nearest runway to the terminal is selected by FS for departures. Remember RC doesn't know about primary and secondary runways. It uses length, ILS capability and Ai movements to determine which to assign. Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I still find it a bit strange in that RC4 sends me to runway 26L (secondry runway) whilst AI traffic is sendt to runway 08L (main runway) for takeoffPraying.gif

You can request the runway of your choice before taxi. Give it a try.

I still find it a bit strange in that RC4 sends me to runway 26L (secondry runway) whilst AI traffic is sendt to runway 08L (main runway) for takeoffPraying.gif
That is odd. Is it reproducable? If so, make a log and send it to JD. Unless there was a change of wind before you contacted GND I would expect you to be directed to the same runway as Ai.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What is your weather application if any and what mode is it running in (global weather, dwc, etc.) If AI are present at destination when you are forty miles out, RC will select the runway based on that pattern, followed by winds and then best runway by navaids, etc. If you are using a weather app that requires DWC in FSX that forces global weather mode which means that your destination (and world) weather gets the weather where your aircraft is located as you get closer to the airport causing sudden changes. Eventually that weather, but too late, can disrupt ai patterns as it changes approaching the METAR parameters as your aircraft approaches. If you are an ASE user check out the hi-fi support forums here on AVSIM and search this forum for ASE. Be sure ASE service packs are current and you have updated FSUIPC using the updated modules link pinned at the forum top.