Sign in to follow this  
NGX

nVidia Drivers and Performance Drop

Hi all,Okay so nVidia has released it's latest 280.xx drivers. Over at the PMDG forums, users have reported that the new drivers have caused performance to almost half by installing these new drivers clean. After a little bit of research, it seems that nVidia drivers version 270.61 work best in FSX at the moment. So my advice is to head over to nVidia and download the 270.61 drivers for your card, run the installer, choose custom install. Tick the box for clean/fresh install and revert back to these drivers. Remember, you will have to redo inspector/control panel settings for FSX once you've done this.

From what I can tell there is exactly one report of this problem. Can anyone else verify that the new driver is causing a problem, I am generally sceptical of declaring a trend with one data point. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm not sure. Just passing it along. Maybe someone could test to see if 270.61's run better

Every time there is a new graphics card driver released some people will try it for about 5 seconds and then post that it did miracles for their performance or that it cut their FPS in half. It's highly unrealistic to think that a new driver version by itself would cause that kind of change. More often it's because the AA/AF and other settings are automatically modified during the installation. Recommendations regarding "the best driver version" can usually safely be ignored as they're almost always based on one or a few people's personal opinion. Such opinions tend to be repeated and presented as facts by people of haven't even tried the driver themselves though. It's not hard to upgrade or downgrade a graphics driver so the best thing is to simply try yourself and settle with the one you're most happy with. For what it's worth, no problem with the most recent Nvidia driver and 737ngx here.

I installed them with no problem, Don't really see any difference in the graphicsAngel.gif

I have good performance with the new ones on my gtx 460. BUT I cant get ssa to work. very bad shimmers. inspector or the nvidia ssa tool.

Guest firehawk44
Every time there is a new graphics card driver released some people will try it for about 5 seconds and then post that it did miracles for their performance or that it cut their FPS in half. It's highly unrealistic to think that a new driver version by itself would cause that kind of change. More often it's because the AA/AF and other settings are automatically modified during the installation. Recommendations regarding "the best driver version" can usually safely be ignored as they're almost always based on one or a few people's personal opinion. Such opinions tend to be repeated and presented as facts by people of haven't even tried the driver themselves though. It's not hard to upgrade or downgrade a graphics driver so the best thing is to simply try yourself and settle with the one you're most happy with. For what it's worth, no problem with the most recent Nvidia driver and 737ngx here.
I totally agree with this assessment. Couldn't have written it better! Best regards,Jim