Sign in to follow this  
bluepilot76

EHAM rw06 traffic jam

Last night I flew from EGLL to EHAM using real world weather. ATC reported arriving and departing runway 06 So I flew the first approach (I was cleared to land) only to find some Fokker backtracking 100m or so from the taxiway to the runway threshold. So I went around. Second approach. Same again. This time I just landed long. I noticed that there was 6-7 aircraft que at the holding point. On getting takeoff clearance they were backtracking very slowly before taking off. Hence the que. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Obviously EHAM would not get into this situation in reallife. they have tons of runways to choose from (oh and the wind was reported calm!) and if for some reason they were using only 06, I very much doubt anyone would need to backtrack to make a safe takeoff.

I suppose you didn´t have an AFCAD file with the multiple runway technique. This little trick makes all runways open for departure and arrival.

No. I dont have an AFCAD file or even know what it is! Is it something I can do myself?Heathrow seems to work alright with multiple runways.

No. I dont have an AFCAD file or even know what it is! Is it something I can do myself?Heathrow seems to work alright with multiple runways.
In an AFCAD file all the important airport data like runways, taxiways, gates/stands and frequencies are stored so that FS can use it. It´s easily edited by a tool called airport design editor. Get it from here: http://www.airportdesigneditor.co.uk/

Very interesting information. smile.png But can you explain what have to be altered to implement this trick?

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Very interesting information. smile.png But can you explain what have to be altered to implement this trick?
Well, it´s not that complicated. You just have to create some dummy runways between the two runways wou want to use at the same time. You have Fs tho think they´re parallel. For exapmple the first runways is at 004° and the second one at 64°. This makes 60° angle between the two runways. This has to be divided by 7° (7.9 is the maximal difference between two runways so that Fs thinks they´re parallel) and you´ll get the number of fake runways to be used. Next step is that you start at the first runway (004°) and add there 7°: 4° + 7° = 11°. This is the heading for the first fake runway. And this on and on till you´ll get the heading of the second runway.Thios is roughly how the corsswind runway technique works. Go there to get the tutorial: http://www.alpha-india.net/oldsite/content/view/258/87/

Thanks for the explanation ... i´ll try that.Pitty that the tutorial is not available anymore. But your explanation gives the path to make it work.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi Steffan,Thankyou very much for your help with this. I am busy at work at the moment so cant try anything yet, but it sounds like an interesting challenge for me! I only edited my first cfg file the other day! I will be programming my own simulator this time next year at this rate LOL!