Sign in to follow this  
amir737

fps issue

Hello,I bought the product 737NGX PMDG.First is an excellent product but recently I encountered a strange problem ...When I start a flight at an airport on the runway (for practice) then I will take off and fly around the field will be 30 FPSBut when I do a flight began FROM THE Gate and take off the FPS will be 20, and when I do another flight from another field also decreased Final frames 20 AND WHEN TRA they were 30.My hardware is:INTEL I7 930 OC TO 3.8GHZ6GBRAMNVIDIA GEFORCE 480GTX 1536MBAnd CFG has been improved. hope you can tell me what is the problem...is it normal 20fps in mega airport with that hardware ?

Does your sim stay smooth at 20 fps? Mine will drop to 20 but is always smooth so I do not care about the FPS indicator.

Don´t understand why so many are so addicted to FPS, as long the sim is just running smooooth Whistle.gif / Leffe

Have you enabled vsync ? Doing this will decrease FPS by steps (FPS will be 60 divisors) ... If fsx can display 60 FPS, you'll get 60 FPS (60/1), if it can't give you 60 FPS, you'll get 30 FPS (60/2), if it can't give you 30, you'll get 20 (60/3), if it can't give you 20, you'll get 15 (60/4), then 12 (60/5)... etc... When on the runway, there's generally a lot less things to render so you manage 30... when at the gate, your GPU has to render detailed buildings, vehicles, aircrafts, ... Of course you can disable vsync, your framerate will evole freely (not by 60 divisors), but in turns it will be a lot less smooth.

but is not running smooth in 20 fps.
Then i would guess it's not the FPS that's giving you the jitters.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

but when l/u on the rw the fps drops. not in the gate...even on the rw they are going 20fps...

but when l/u on the rw the fps drops. not in the gate...even on the rw they are going 20fps...
I don't know what specs you have, but 20fps should appear smooth. When playing around with my rig, for hours i might add, trying to find the sweet spot, i had stutters at 4O, 50FPS and up. I am set to unlimited in FSX and externally limited to 30FPS, but if i had to, i would go lower. flying at 20FPS is IMHO, (depending on specs) a good target and quite acceptable. Jerking your way down the runway and accross the sky is not.

Rick Hobbs

people who flying with the ngx in mega airport as eham aerosoft can tell me how much fps are they getting ?

I don't know what specs you have,
My apologies Amir. Did not go to top for your original post. However i still stand by the rest of my post.Regards,

Rick Hobbs