Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

How to create a COROUTE?

You can use FSBuild to construct the flight plan itself and deposit a PMDG .RTE Flightplan in the correct PMDG folder. At the same time deposit a .PLN type plan in the correct MS FSX folder so that should you have a live map in use like the most excellent and free Plan G you can follow its progress and learn the geography of the route as I do, geography was my poor subject at school some 36-40 years ago. Here`s what I do, you can amend what you want to suit, it is a little tricky til you know how. Open Fsbuild after updating to the most current version (2.4 maybe). Down the left side of the screen click on the options folder, further 2-3 columns right you`ll see FS2004/FSX. To the left of it click the BROWSE button and guide it to your FSX program. It will then auto populate a few lines with the correct addresses. Scroll down from the BROWSE button to the bottom and theirs a line of tabs saying Export_Directories, Settings, NAVDATA, Load_Map_DB`s. Hit the Settings tab and fill in the left most data fields above it where it says aircraft, Build in bold etc. Fill in as many as you see fit like "Include TOC/TOD", "Apply Winds Aloft Data" (up to you that one). Crucial is the "Export To" section, for my purposes I use LDS767, PMDG 737NG (still that, the NGX and the J4100 are all .RTE files), any others you use and for me personally to get the route mirrored in Plan G or any other program that uses the standard FSX .PLN file select "FSX GPS", they are all selected with a tick in each. Anything already ticked just leave it in unless you consider it best left out. Finally hit the button marked "SAVE CONFIG OPTIONS" and this should write to the FSBuild.cfg if you`re lucky. If not write back here and quote my reply with a "sorry, it didn`t save the FSBuild.cfg" and when I get the email to inform me I`ll post the details and tell you how to construct your own .cfg file. First though either turn UAC off if its used or right click and "Run As Administrator". If turning UAC off make sure you have a firewall and AG installed and running as I do. I also found a freeware program that acts as a software KVM and allows the same keyboard/mouse used on the main computer to be used on say my laptop or other computer. By just sliding the mouse left to right it moves from my Main computer first screen to the second screen and then onto the laptop as they`re all networked. I fiddle and play with Plan G and then move the mouse back, had I needed to type in the keyboard would have worked. I can also copy a file on the desktop or other area on the main machine, float the mouse across to the laptop and paste the file on the desktop or other area. Plan G is also networked by SimConnect to FSX on my Main computer and runs a live updated route showing my plane in yellow and the other planes around too. I can also plan routes on that but only for the basic FSX .PLN types just by basically clicking and dragging a route then saving it. Theirs other info on there with NAV/Radio Frequencies too and did I say its free?

What you have to do is run FSBuild as administator and go to options and then save your settings I run into this bug every time I re-install FSBuild. After this it should work.I even had this problem a couple of days ago and I`m the only user on my rig with admistritive rights.Good luck

Where can I set this? There is no browse button next to the PMDG 737NG, in the Options/Export Directories folder.
Now i think about it, if you set your FSX path, it will automatically fill in the different aircraft folders for you (737 won't be there but PMDG should be). Then as i said you have to save what you did to fsbuild on the next tab (sorry not sure what its called right now). One thing is for sure: For these entries to take effect, you must exit Fsbuild and then restart it.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Now i think about it, if you set your FSX path, it will automatically fill in the different aircraft folders for you (737 won't be there but PMDG should be). Then as i said you have to save what you did to fsbuild on the next tab (sorry not sure what its called right now). One thing is for sure: For these entries to take effect, you must exit Fsbuild and then restart it.
Thank you so much, and also to Steve Brooks. It works!!! I just created LEMGEHRD.rte, now I'm gonna test if it works.But about the 747 and MD-11, didn't those airplanes use .rt2 files? How can I make FSBuild create those?Arjen Vandervelde

What you have to do is run FSBuild as administator and go to options and then save your settings I run into this bug every time I re-install FSBuild. After this it should work.I even had this problem a couple of days ago and I`m the only user on my rig with admistritive rights.Good luck
This sounds like the correct answer.

Thank you so much, and also to Steve Brooks. It works!!! I just created LEMGEHRD.rte, now I'm gonna test if it works. But about the 747 and MD-11, didn't those airplanes use .rt2 files? How can I make FSBuild create those? Arjen Vandervelde
The .rt2 files are the ones provided by PMDG i believe. All you have to worry about is .rte for PMDG & .plan for FSX and Radar contact.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

The .rt2 files are the ones provided by PMDG i believe. All you have to worry about is .rte for PMDG & .plan for FSX and Radar contact.
Ok thanks for this guys. The routes work in the FMC. But there is a problem (as usual), it's going direct from waypoint to waypoint, and it's not using airways. The airways are entered in FSBuild though.Why is this?Arjen Vandervelde

Thank you so much, and also to Steve Brooks. It works!!! I just created LEMGEHRD.rte, now I'm gonna test if it works. But about the 747 and MD-11, didn't those airplanes use .rt2 files? How can I make FSBuild create those? Arjen Vandervelde
Glad you got it working!

Glad you got it working!
At the moment the route does work, but unfortunately it's going DIRECT to some of the VOR's NDB and waypoints. It only uses airways for about half of the waypoints. I think it's got something to do with FSBuild, because I copied the route from vRoute into FSBuild, maybe some airways aren't in it's database? Any ideas what I can do?Arjen Vandervelde

At the moment the route does work, but unfortunately it's going DIRECT to some of the VOR's NDB and waypoints. It only uses airways for about half of the waypoints. I think it's got something to do with FSBuild, because I copied the route from vRoute into FSBuild, maybe some airways aren't in it's database? Any ideas what I can do? Arjen Vandervelde
Try setting up the DEP/ARR within FSBuild and give the route auto generation tool a whirl (skip copying the route from vRoute).