Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

Perpetual Crash Loading NGX with Update 2922

Hi, As per the subject.

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH  Application Name:    fsx.exe  Application Version:    10.0.61637.0  Application Timestamp:    46fadb14  Fault Module Name:    PMDG_737NGX.DLL  Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.0  Fault Module Timestamp:    4e4a3aef  Exception Code:    c0000005  Exception Offset:    000573e0  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48  Locale ID:    1033 

I have no add-ons installed. If I try and load from the "Fly Now" screen I get the crash. If I load from inside FSX, it loads OK. Best regards,Robin.

I ran across this same issue and tried various things to debug and finally overcame the issue by deleting the pmdg dll entries from the Trusted section in the fsx.config letting FSX prompt to re-add them next launch of FSX. Perhaps this 'trick' will fix your issue as well.Andreas

ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo * E8600 3.33 o/c 4.0 ghz * EVGA GTX 275 *

OCZ Reaper DDR2 4GB * Corsair 750W ATX * Lian-LI Case

Now I'm experiencing this also after a relatively trouble-free installation of 2922...weird. I've changed nothing on my system that I can think of. BTW, Andreas' tip above didn't work unfortunately. I guess it's time to submit a support ticket.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Now I'm experiencing this also after a relatively trouble-free installation of 2922...weird. I've changed nothing on my system that I can think of. BTW, Andreas' tip above didn't work unfortunately. I guess it's time to submit a support ticket.
Did you try deleting your fsx.cfg file and have it recreated next time FSX runs? If you still get a crash at least you can rule out a bloated or corrupted fsx.cfg file.

I experience exactly the same problem. No matter what I do, unless I load the game enviroment at least once during an FSX session before attempting to load the NGX then FSX will fail after I hit the fly now button. To elaborate...

1. I run FSX.
  2. Load the NGX via free-flight menu.
  3. Hit the Fly Now button.
  4. Screen goes black and white progress window pops up.
  5. Progress remains at 0% until FSX finally crashes...

Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4a3aefException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00154c6bOS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 2057

If I load the game enviroment first with a default plane and then load the NGX via the menu it will work fine.If I load the game enviroment first with a default plane, exit back to the FSX front end load the NGX and hit the Fly Now button it will also work. @ Robin - Is this how you experience the crash? @Andreas - Just tried your fix it did not work for me sadly - thank all the same though!

Perhaps not the most useful information to everyone but in my circumstance I can recreate this issue by the following: 1. While in virtual cockpit select the popup menu with the right mouse menu, choosing an external view. 9 times out of 10 this isn't a problem but 1 out of 10 times, on average, FSX will crash to the desktop (only happens with this aircraft).2. Try to load the PMDG 737 and the perpetual crash ensues.3. Delete the PMDG dll entries in the trusted section, all is good once again. Andreas

I have had just the same problem like Robin, with loading a Free Flight with the NGX. Deleting the dll files did not work, so I have submitted a support ticket and got an (very fast) answer from Ryan Maziarz.He told me to delete this three files in the "My Documents/Flight Simulator X Files" folder: Previous Flight.FLTPrevious Flight.FSSAVEPrevious Flight.WXI have done and now it works. Maybe this will also be a help for you? David

Exact same problem, but deleting the 3 files didn't work. Ryan still looking at it. I get round it by loading the default flight first, then changing to the NGX.

Paul Skol

I experience exactly the same problem. No matter what I do, unless I load the game enviroment at least once during an FSX session before attempting to load the NGX then FSX will fail after I hit the fly now button. To elaborate...
  1. I run FSX.
  2. Load the NGX via free-flight menu.
  3. Hit the Fly Now button.
  4. Screen goes black and white progress window pops up.
  5. Progress remains at 0% until FSX finally crashes...

Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61637.0Application Timestamp: 46fadb14Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4e4a3aefException Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00154c6bOS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1Locale ID: 2057

If I load the game enviroment first with a default plane and then load the NGX via the menu it will work fine.If I load the game enviroment first with a default plane, exit back to the FSX front end load the NGX and hit the Fly Now button it will also work. @ Robin - Is this how you experience the crash? @Andreas - Just tried your fix it did not work for me sadly - thank all the same though!

Always load up a simple ac as the cessna or the like, first then choose your NGX version.One have to do this with all complex addons...ALWAYS!/ Leffe

Leffe - except that's precisely what PMDG say you don't need to do with the NGX! Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

i have change default aircrat as Pmdg ngx...Enter "current Aircraft" - Select PMDG 737 ngx - ok - save....now... your default aircraft is pmdg aircraft... if you have quadrante/// when loadin or ending the games.. move to zero..(example: flaps=up , spoiler=up , throttle 0%... etc)when quadrante is active, pmdg crash...module file...enjoy

Leffe - except that's precisely what PMDG say you don't need to do with the NGX! Paul Scholey
I was going to say the exact same thing when I read that. Just as you said, they recommend against loading another a/c first. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I can confirm that my problems are resolved when I have the throttle set to 0, if I have it set to anything else the PMDG dll will crash.