Sign in to follow this  
Haito

Massive FPS & scenery improvement

Yes. Any AA transparency setting besides "OFF" can/will have a noticeable impact on frame rates, especially when dense clouds are visible.
Yes, well known but only with 2 x SGSS I can eliminate shimmering on some airports ( in this case airports with no mips), fortunately despite this, performance is good with my system.

You're welcome! I'd play around with it, Rick. I found a decent compromise I'm happy with.
I see a few more changes there and you have close to the same card as mine. How's your performance on NGX? Untitled-3.png

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I see a few more changes there and you have close to the same card as mine. How's your performance on NGX?
It's good, considering the environmental addons and FSX slider settings. I'll put it this way: Any FPS issues I have are not caused by the IQ settings I use with Nvidia Inspector.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

It's good, considering the environmental addons and FSX slider settings. I'll put it this way: Any FPS issues I have are not caused by the IQ settings I use with Nvidia Inspector.
Me, i'm happy too but always looking for improvement. Thanks again.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I assume this is for nvidia users only? I have two ati5870 cards. I thought ******* told us (maybe ati users only) to leave AA and AF to "application controlled" in the cataylst control center and to tick AA on within fsx? Am I screwing it up? If so anyone point me in the right direction...

Eric 

Rick, you might also try AA 8xS and Multisampling on. That's a nice compromise.
Thanks will try and compare.

Rick Hobbs

I assume this is for nvidia users only? I have two ati5870 cards. I thought ******* told us (maybe ati users only) to leave AA and AF to "application controlled" in the cataylst control center and to tick AA on within fsx? Am I screwing it up? If so anyone point me in the right direction...
You're correct, Eric. We're Nvidia users. I honestly have no ATI gfx card experience since the old Radeon 9800 Pro (2002?). I'm sorry I can give no feed back on newer ATI cards and IQ settings with regards to FSX.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hi Eric, I am a user of ATI cards including the 5870.At this time I untick application controlled AA in CCC and set it at 4X.In FSX I leave AA unticked.I leave AF application controlled in CCC and selected in FSX.I have spent a good deal of time trying different configures and this has worked the best so far.Chris Strobel

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I run 8x (24x sample) Super-sampling AA, 16x AF, and I still get nearly 50 FPS with the NGX. My system: AMD Phenom II X4 970 (3.5 GHz)1 Gb Sapphire AMD 67908 Gb DR3 1333 MHzWin 7 x64Asus M4A89GTD Pro w/ USB 3 (890GTX chipset) All speeds stock. Best regards,Robin.

What do you get to give up (as far as quality is concerned) when you turn the AA transparencies off?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Just for clarification, what we "loose" if we disable AA transparency Multi/Super Sampling?I´m already getting a solid 25-30fps with ngx and if this settings gives me a more visual beauty than i will stay with it. But if don´t gives nothing for the fs experience than i can disable it ang gain incredible 3-5 fps ... LOL.gifLOL.gifNot trying to create a debate about this! Just a help from fs-experts!Thanks! Edit: oh, Smasher77th, you were quickier than me!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics