Sign in to follow this  
wildwally

Fuel Planning ?

Anyone find anything that works somewhat effectivly for a fuel planner? In some cases my fuel planning works well but others not so well. Some times I come in with more than needed and well today I didn't come it at all. Slight miss calculation and strong head winds well needless to say while intercepting the localizer I see low oil pressure lights and things don't sound so right. I ran out of fuel. And for those of you out there that like to push your cars to the limit on gas gauge to E. Not recommended in this bird. Still showing I had .3 Total Engines died and would not fire back up. So wondering what everyone is using. I know the FMC tells you in the PROG screen, but when running ACArs systems its best to know ahead of time as changing fuel after connecting to Acars tends to throw things for a loop. While on that topic is it possible to program a default on load fuel quantity. instead of having to hit one of the pre options or manually entering it in all the time. Lets say you do a series of short hops all the time and all you need is the 1/3, can that be a default on load? thanks,

I have two fuel calculation programs that I use:1. TOPCAT2. vRoute I like the calculator in vroute since it factors the winds aloft but I have found both ot these programs do a good job. I am waiting for TOPCAT to have compatibility with NGX so I can load it into the AC. However, once you have the fuel calculations, I just enter and balance them in the NGX fuel planner. Works great. Just my 2cents. Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

VRoute premium is good value, and you can export flight plans straight into the ngx. I upgraded about a week ago, and am very pleased with it. It's a huge step up from the free version, which is good in itself.I didn't use the other day and lucky for me, just vacating the runway with 0.2 fuel and it all went quiet.

Captains, For a GBF (good, beautiful and free) fuel planner, please go to http://www.volny.cz/fs2002/B737FPL/B737FPL.htm. Although this fine planner can also be used to read the actual weights and fuel the acft, I am using it only to calculate the fuel, inserting the quantity needed via FMC, as recommended by PMDG. Enjoy,

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

Captains, For a GBF (good, beautiful and free) fuel planner, please go to http://www.volny.cz/...FPL/B737FPL.htm. Although this fine planner can also be used to read the actual weights and fuel the acft, I am using it only to calculate the fuel, inserting the quantity needed via FMC, as recommended by PMDG. Enjoy,
Thanks!

FSbuild (originially I said FSUIPC in error).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Nice tool, looks and work great ;)

I use the FMC!

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg