Hello there my friends...anyways i was searching the web for some tools for my Nvidia, and found out this new AA method http://www.forum-3dc...ad.php?t=510658 It's pretty well know on guru3d and such...tried it on FSX and worked perfectly, so maybe you can give it a chance. You can even use ENB Series http://www.forum-3dc...ad.php?t=512678 I don't understand a thing of German...but Google Chrome helped me with it. Give it a try and you will see what im talking about... using less AA and getting almost the same quality look of those higher AA settings.

can you please elaborate on how to use it with ENB?i didn;t quiet get the translation, but it seems it uses it's own module apart from the ENB one

It's pretty well know on guru3d and such...tried it on FSX and worked perfectly, so maybe you can give it a chance.
So what did you do exactly to make it work on FSX? And which files did you install?

I downloaded the latest version. The instructions mention to place the files in your FSX main folder. (folder where .exe file is)After that, not sure how to proceed. Currently I have my GPU settings through nHancer.Should I disable my 8xSQ settings and force them to FXAA? tia

Lennart

Banner_MJC11.png

I am also wondering how to get this to work! It all sounds pretty nice.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Can somebody pls explain in detail how FXAA works in FSX and how to setup Nvidia Inspector?Some comparison shoots concerning IQ would also be appreciated.

More info on FXAA:http://www.hardocp.c...ing_technology/ It should be faster than the current method of using supersampling to fix shimmering autogen trees. Going to try this later today. It hooks to d3d.dll just like ENBseries, so it's just a matter of plonking all the files into your FSX folder and it will load automagically. There doesn't seem to be a proxy library feature, so it can't be combined with other utilities that also use d3d.dll, such as Antilag. However, it should be possible to use together with ENB Series, if you load ENB first and then call the FXAA injector dll from the [PROXY] section of your enbseries.ini file. In that case, you probably want to disable Bloom and the other post-processing effects in the injFX_Settings.h of FXAA injector so they don't conflict. FXAA injector currently supports Bloom, but HDR is not yet implemented. If you're using Nvidia Inspector, you need to edit your FSX profile.You should disable FSAA completely, so set Antialiasing Mode and Setting to Application-controlled and disable FSAA in FSX.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Gracias Tangerine :) Great find It works for sure. I can clearly see how much blurrier everything is, there is zero shimmering, but it's too blurry to read the displays in the NGX (4096 textures), even worse in the MD-11Performance hit seems to be nonexistant also. I think it's a matter of trying different settingsLooks promising to me

Have I missed something here? In reading about FXAA it appears that it must be included in the title - meaning the product has to be programmed to accept the settings. FSX does not have this capability so other than wishful thinking, I do not see how this can affect FSX one way or the other. How can you turn "on" a switch that is not there in the first place. As I said, have I missed something obvious? Vic
That's what the modified d3d9.dll file that comes with the tool does - it not only flicks the switch, it *is* the switch :) FXAA is a full-screen post-processing effect. Since it's inserted as a post-processing effect, no significant re-write of the 3D engine is required. The effect can simply be "injected" at the end of the rendering pipeline just like ENB Series does with its HDR effects. It's not so different from applying a series of filters in Photoshop to an FSX screenshot, only it's done by your graphics card on every frame, before it's sent to the monitor. Finally had the chance to play around with it today. It definitely works. It makes everything very sharp without causing much aliasing. I think I'll maybe reduce the sharpening effect a notch or too, because it was almost too much. The bloom effect is not as pronounced as the one in ENB Series, and HDR is not yet functional. Might look into combining it with ENB Series using the proxy library feature.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Jimmi - Thanx for the explanation. Now it makes sense. Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

This seems really promising, just the problem of blurring textures in the NGX and also not enough AA for my liking, but if it gets improved it will be awesome.

Just been reading Timothy Lottes blog (the guy from Nvidia who came up with this) and hopefully AF and more AA will be able to be added in his net version.