Sign in to follow this  
korn101

Flight1 BN-2 Islander vs. RealAir B60 Duke

As always, you can try both of them and decide for yourself. That is the beauty about our 30 day money back guarantee. Both planes are great...

Jeff Smith
Sales / Product Support
Flight One Software
'Like' Us on Facebook / Follow us on Twitter / My Blog - Being Reorganized

Best reply Jeff! Although I haven't seen the Turbine Duke. But both are great. BN-2 is certainly not inferior with regard to VC, textures and the like.I would say it's immersive. Moreover just like the real one carb heat simulation is nicely simulated. Look here for my PNW adventures with Islander: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/29956-chartered-britten-norman-islander-to-walter-suttons/

RobdeVries.jpg

The Turbine Duke is one of my favorite addons. It's not the best for sightseeing because of the large engines but it's great for anything else. And it is possible to get into many smaller airports. Paired with the RXP GNS430W/530W (or both) makes it even better, especially if you're into vatsim/ivao. I also think the islander has some sort of navdata upgrade??

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The Duke is great. The Duke (piston version) has been the only plane I've been flying in FSX for more than a month now. I have other good add-on aircraft - and there are a lot of good one available - but the only way I feel any "ownership" for an aircraft is when I consistently fly only one type, in this case the Duke B60. It has it all. Range, altitude, pressurization, and speed. Everything but a lav, and that limitation keeps flights relatively short, especially when the missus comes along, virtually speaking...It flies right, and the engine performance and temps behave exactly as they should within given commands and conditions. The only gripe I have with the FSX Duke is the mixture controls. You have to lean much more aggressively in the FSX Duke than you would in the real thing - or most other real world turbo piston aircraft for that matter - but that's not a fault of RealAir.

There is an Avsim review published of either airplane... might be worth a read..

Bert

Yeah I've decided I'm going to be purchasing the RealAir Turbine Duke. :) but on the RealityXP I think i'll hold back... $50 is a lot for a small addon...

Like bstolle I prefer to use the BN2 (or the Aerosoft Twin Otter) for sightseeing the FTX regions. I would use the B60 for faster flights. Jean-Jacques

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I got the turbine duke people :) and wow... Like others have said. Performance is stellar. I decided to get this instead of the BN-2 Islander because I already have a DHC-6 Twin Otter which I believe is in the same class. For some reason the Turbine duke runs smoother than the piston duke in the VC..

I wouldn't take these 'awards' as a guideline or even serious.Best example is the CH Fw190. The A2A Spitfire outclasses the 190 very easy by a much bigger margin than the B60 the BN-2. Guess it's as almost everywhere in journalism.....A2A and RealAir simply don't need it to pay anyone to get their products promoted ;)
You still have an axe to grind, eh? Very bad style, Sir.And just for the record, I didn't pay anyone. I didn't even know about that award until someone at another forum pointed me to the results.I didn't pay for any of the other 4 awards we received for the 190 either.

Mathias

www.classics-hangar.de

classics_hangar.jpg

on the RealityXP I think i'll hold back... $50 is a lot for a small addon...
RXP is indeed small in size true, but it's big on realism, and the truth is that it is a small price to pay for the level of realism it offers, since it is potentially an upgrade for every GA plane you have. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here