Sign in to follow this  
greenleader

SUPER FLIGHT PLANNER

I have downloaded this program. To start a new database, you go to File/new and follow the prompts. Then it start and stop when it start to scan the different parts of scenery in FSX. The online tutorial only tell you how to create the database, but it does not work. Do anyone have a similar problem or maybe a solution as it seems a very good program Thanks

We could really use some information about your system, where you installed it, XP? Win7? Vista? Administrator?..... It's like saying "My car doesn't run - what's wrong with it?" wink.png

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have try to create the database from inside SFP by going to File/New and follow the prompts. The program then start to create the database, but as soon as it get to scenery 1107 in the FSX scenery directory, it stop responding. Only way to get it to close, is through the Windows Task Manager. I have tried to select other scenery folders, but the result is the same.If I run sfpdbwiz.exe on its own, the very same happened. It is installed on the same drive as my FSX. The program do pick it up in the registry. My system is Win XP SP3, AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3,00GHz and 4 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB Grapgichs card. It do run FSX with a smile.

As you say as soon "as it gets to scenery 1107 in the FSX scenery directory, it stops responding" - I would do a repair on FSX, in case one of the files inside that folder is corrupt. If that is the case it will certainly hang the database creation process.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

There is an updated sfpdbwiz.exe that makes it work with FSX. The one that comes with the latest release has some issue which causes problem you mentioned. However, I'm not sure where you can find the update, since the developer has shut down his site, maybe you can find it where you found the original download? A search in Avsim's file library for "Super Flight Planner 4" will give you a download of the database (for the default airports in FSX SP2), in case you can't find the update.