Sign in to follow this  
ga

What is the fuel use/burn off the 737-800 pr. min in KG

Just downloaded this exelent fuel planner for 737 http://www.volny.cz/...FPL/B737FPL.htm , but when im setting in the last one "COF" contingency fuel in KG how much here, say if I want 2 hours of flight how much do the 737-800 burn in the hour, lets say in general. Any one can give me fuel burn pr. min thx :D And by the way, is COF the same as reserv fuel in this calculation?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow in winter ? African or European ? Monty Python's.............The Holy Grail. Shocked.gifHypnotized.gifLMAO.gif

I just translated it by Googel hejlp ;9------Hi,after I know that there are very many Simmer the calculations again and again to ask for the mileage, I have the actual real information.This applies to the 737-800 and is currently at 100% for TUI Fly in use. After a nice conversation with the pilot, knows a friend of mine for some time,there are serious changes in one or the other surprise. We went at least to me!First, important! The COST INDEX was extremely withdrawn. Reason is the high fuel prices, etc. Then calculate the consumption. Please NoteCOST INDEX (Tui Fly, Air Berlin, Deutsch Wings, U.S. Airways) 13-17 !!!!!As a result, regardless of the wind (!) Following calculation of fuel, which also corresponds to 100% in FSX, which I found very surprising.example:Larnaca (Cyprus) - HamburgMiles, kilometers or whatever uninterssant!Is calculated (real)16:00 clock - 19:15 clock (-1 hr) = flight time 4:15 min = 255 Minunten!These 255 minutes are charged with 40 kg per minutes! So 255 x 40 = 10.2 thousand kg5% of 10,200 kg = 2400 kg (Fuel Contingency)NEW Tui Fly is in the Alternate Fuel ALWAYS, no matter how long orshort the flight is to be zugetankt 1800 kg! = 1,800 kg (Alternate Fuel) - The reserve fuel is included here ALWAYS!Also, there are roles for the new figures, which are always at the 7378 = 200 kgThis gives the whole a lot of fuel for this flight from 14.6 thousand kg =For the 737-700 the bottom line can always be around 10% less expected. All information is independent of the weight!. According to the pilot, who many years earlieris flown at LTU, here's a tip for MD-11 pilot: Here you can go from 120 kg per minute, with calculation as above 2 times!! (approximately)Greetings from EDDN-------

Hi there. I dont know what program you are using, but for obtaining the TRIP fuel you should probably get something that considers a bit more than fuel burn per hour. It's not that simple with these airplanes. Here's the formula for flight plan total fuel. TOTAL FUEL: taxi + trip + reserve + extra Reserve consisting of:-contingency fuel-alternative field fuel-final reserve-additional fuel TAXI: Fuel required for APU operation and taxiing to the departure runway. TRIP: Fuel required for take off, climb and descent to destination. CONTINGENCY: Carried for unforseen circumstances (unplanned flight level, meteorologicals...). It should be the highest of these.a. 5% of trip (different if replanning)b. 3% of trip if there's an enroute alternatec. 20 minutes at average consumptiond. 15 minutes hold at 1500ft ALTERNATE FUEL: Consisting of the fuel required for:-Missed approach at main destination starting at MDA/MDH-Climb to cruise-Cruise at LRC from TOC to TOD to alternate.-Descent, approach and landing. FINAL RESERVE: Enough to hold at 1500ft at holding speed for 30 minutes (jet engine), 45 minutes (piston). ADDITIONAL FUEL: Only required if total FOB isn't enough for... some things. Or when there's no alternate... some things that are complicated to explain here. EXTRA:If the captain feels like it, he asks for more fuel than planned. Some companies will demand an explanation later... (you could include fuel here if you are tankering). Try to adapt those definitions to what you see on the program you are using. Note that some definitions are based on a percentage of your trip fuel, so get an accurate trip fuel. I would recommend that you take a look at FCOM1. There are real fuel planning charts there, although I must admit that they are not easy to use. I studied them during my ATPL training and I even think it would take me some time to figure them out again. Now, this is just standard fuel planning. Of course, there are situations in which regulations prescribe different dispatch fuel formulae. Also, these regulations impose limitations for which there are tricks for getting to places your low OTOW or high AZFW wouldn't let you reach (replanning at decision point). If you are interested in fuel planning you could study the concepts of PNR, POR, PET, redispatch, ETOPS, replanning... I know... probably more than you were asking for, but some others might find this useful.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Ok if I understand this guys calculation by the min for a 737-800 in general it use 40kg pr. min ergo if I want 2 hours off ekstra flight time it would be 120minx40=4800kg right? And is this " contingency fuel" also like a reserve or do you have " contingency " + "reserve" 2 diffrent values?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow in winter ? African or European ? Monty Python's.............The Holy Grail. Shocked.gifHypnotized.gifLMAO.gif
Are there any wrong infos? May be the things at RYR are a little bit different.LMAO.gif I wouldn't pay for peeLoser.gif

Ok if I understand this guys calculation by the min for a 737-800 in general it use 40kg pr. min ergo if I want 2 hours off ekstra flight time it would be 120minx40=4800kg right? And is this " contingency fuel" also like a reserve or do you have " contingency " + "reserve" 2 diffrent values?
As i wrote above contingency is part of reserve. Contingency is the highest value of:5% of trip, or3% of trip if there's an onroute alternate, or20 minutes average FF, or15 minute hold at 1500ft... would anyone be interested in a complete video tutorial on fuel planning using the charts found in FCOM1? I'd do it for refreshing some stuff i've forgotten and also for the people who are considering ever getting rated on this airplane (and for hardcore simmers I guess). Let me know.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

ah yes thx Flexman, sow hat you typed it just the same time i posted my last post , thx wil read it now ;)

here s some numbers. taxi 12 kg/ minapu on ground 105 kg/hrapu in flight 15000 ft 75 kg/hr final reserve 1500 ft 1200 kg for ldw 65t1500nm 4hr 240 min LRC avg distnce chyprus to hamburg no wind taken.ldw 50t 8t = 33,33 kg minldw 60t 8,8t = 36,67 kg minldw 65t 9,2t = 38,33 kg min txy 200 kg standard datatif 8800 kg est ldw 60tcont 440 kg 5%alt 1800 kg standard given in the threadhld 1200 kg see datas given above total fuel 12440 kg check those with the fmc but pretty sure they will be very close ... enjoy your flight. Phil