Sign in to follow this  
Humpty

Pilot operating Handbook.

That is a very arrogant atatement. We do it for pleasure, not as a second job!

It's a sim, start big! That's the great thing about this hobby! I would, however, have the basic air work down. Most sim pilots can press buttons, but can't fly worth a crap.
Sometimes they overlook that this little hobby (if you are the right age) might as well define how the rest of your life will be. I started "hardcore" simming when i was 14... yeras later, training in real life and most that I had learned in my room, made sense (I'm 30 now). If you take flight simulator seriously, it can really change your life. Now, respect it, use it to your advantage and RTFM. If you manage to learn this airplane in and out, you will really have an advantage during ATPL training and even a type rating.... and pushing buttons is really not enough. You need to know every little thing that happens when you push a switch. Read about CDSs, TRUs, ADMs, strapdowns... it's all in there and vell simulated. Especially when you compare it to what you learn on the airframe and systems courses. Now, I even this sim didn't trigger a vocation to become a real pilot... well, just have fun.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Sometimes they overlook that this little hobby (if you are the right age) might as well define how the rest of your life will be. I started "hardcore" simming when i was 14... yeras later, training in real life and most that I had learned in my room, made sense (I'm 30 now). If you take flight simulator seriously, it can really change your life. Now, respect it, use it to your advantage and RTFM. If you manage to learn this airplane in and out, you will really have an advantage during ATPL training and even a type rating.... and pushing buttons is really not enough. You need to know every little thing that happens when you push a switch. Read about CDSs, TRUs, ADMs, strapdowns... it's all in there and vell simulated. Especially when you compare it to what you learn on the airframe and systems courses. Now, I even this sim didn't trigger a vocation to become a real pilot... well, just have fun.
LOL I am probably 9 years overage for a CPL , I want a PPL , but I want to fly the 737 so NGX is the one.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

When i did my ATPL training there were people there who were probably 40 or 45 years old. They never intended to become airline pilots, yet they went for the CPL-IRME. Why, well, aviation can be a really beautiful hobby. For those who were vocational and for common reasons didn't make it into airline, flight simulator is the way to get to play with big irons. Now, some of these people at my flight school got together and bought a little airplane for them to share. They leased it to a flight school so that they didn't have pay for all the maintenance and hangar. So there they were, a group of 4 middle aged guys who co-owned a cessna 172 and a google calendar, and could go flying whenever they wanted... That is where I'll probably end up unless I hurry up or maybe get my instructor rating. I think my chances of getting to airline are getting smaller and smaller every day. So, if i don't make it, i want to be a 45y/o guy who owns a pretty little cessna. All thanks to those diskettes labeled Flight Simulator 5.1 that a friend of mine lent me back in 1996.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

When i did my ATPL training there were people there who were probably 40 or 45 years old. They never intended to become airline pilots, yet they went for the CPL-IRME. Why, well, aviation can be a really beautiful hobby. For those who were vocational and for common reasons didn't make it into airline, flight simulator is the way to get to play with big irons. Now, some of these people at my flight school got together and bought a little airplane for them to share. They leased it to a flight school so that they didn't have pay for all the maintenance and hangar. So there they were, a group of 4 middle aged guys who co-owned a cessna 172 and a google calendar, and could go flying whenever they wanted... That is where I'll probably end up unless I hurry up or maybe get my instructor rating. I think my chances of getting to airline are getting smaller and smaller every day. So, if i don't make it, i want to be a 45y/o guy who owns a pretty little cessna. All thanks to those diskettes labeled Flight Simulator 5.1 that a friend of mine lent me back in 1996.
So you mean anyone can still do an ATPL no matter the age , the only thing is not get in to the real plane and fly it. Oh yeah I remember the DOS version of the simulator. Hey all the best , and ya you better hurry.

Now my friend has the NGX and documentation is huge so where should he start from , I mean which is the first documentation should he read ?

That is a very arrogant atatement. We do it for pleasure, not as a second job!
If flying the aircraft "crapily" is pleasurable, that's fine. If flying it with some sort of understanding and finesse, that's much better. Arrogant? No. I just assume if you've "invested" in the NGX, you're aiming for some sort or realism...
Now my friend has the NGX and documentation is huge so where should he start from , I mean which is the first documentation should he read ?
I think he should get in and fly! Worry about the documentation when you're lost. That's the only way for a complete newbie... That or AoA's training.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I only do this hobby for fun. If I had wanted to become an airline pilot, I would have done it 45 years ago. Arrogant, yes you are no matter how much you deny it!! everyone has their own opinion and that is mine!! Done with this subject!!

I only do this hobby for fun. If I had wanted to become an airline pilot, I would have done it 45 years ago. Arrogant, yes you are no matter how much you deny it!! everyone has their own opinion and that is mine!! Done with this subject!!
Yeah, I think you said that already? Hence my response. Refer to post #23 again. So long!
Couldn't agree more. Omar, how many hours you lack to unfreeze that ATP? If you don't mind my asking.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Thanks everyone , the realism is for me .