Sign in to follow this  
Robinnn

Transavia.com settings

Today I flew back from my holiday (Zakynthos - Amsterdam) with Transavia. I gave the captain a paper with some PMDG settings and he changed the things that weren't correct. * He said that Transavia doesn't use VREF + 20knts bug but a VREF + 15knts bug. Maybe an idea to implant it in a futher update? * At the TCAS settings in the CDU you can put the TCAS range. The captain told me, but he wasn't very sure, that the TCAS range was 80nm. So I tried to change that. but I got the message "Invalid Entry" . Why's that? 80nm is too long? * He also said Transavia doesn't use "Default reduction, cutback and restore altitude" Maybe also an idea to put them off in an update? Maybe just some idea's, but I'm curious if it is true and it maybe can be implanted in a futher update. Regards,Robin

I also noticed their was a small kind of CDU on the radio stack, unfortunately I did not make a photo of that part. but maybe you can tell me what it is and why it isn't programmed in the PMDG version?Here is a photo:25887_1096327242.jpg On the radio stack you see a small green screen. I looked at it when I was in the cockpit and it was kind of an overview of the whole flight. With info about burned fuel, en-route time, etc...

Hello i think it's just the ACARS on which you can ask for ATIS or Metars. Maybe there is also a Datalink in there to crew can ''chat'' with ATC and OPS.PMDG cannot model this beucause there are hundreds of different equippments and each airplane is ''customized''. But i that they can add few things with the SP1: -Different types of Squawk ( some companies have buttons with digits ) -Different types of COMM ( Not all 737NGs have 3 VHFs) -Possible of adding or not an Acars PrinterThose details we can change permit to match the real companies aircrafts content, so it can provide a better help during the typerating also...Thanks

I also noticed their was a small kind of CDU on the radio stack, unfortunately I did not make a photo of that part. but maybe you can tell me what it is and why it isn't programmed in the PMDG version?Here is a photo:25887_1096327242.jpg On the radio stack you see a small green screen. I looked at it when I was in the cockpit and it was kind of an overview of the whole flight. With info about burned fuel, en-route time, etc...
I've seen ACARS in that place. The ACARS printer (torn paper sticking out) appears to be next to it to the right.Not sure though.

Dave P. Woycek

Seemly you landed at the Polderbaan 18R, 110.10 is set in standby =)

if they just landed on it it would be in active. And a lots of ILSs in the world have the same frequency...

Hehe, no this is just a photo I found on the internet. (but it is from the same plane) I landed on the Zwanenburgbaan(18C) and taxiet to D49. We had to wait 10min on the de-icing platform because there was still a KLM A332 at the gate -,- Oke the ACARS is clear, but how about those other things I said in the first post :)

Hello,For the thrust reduction, companies cannot turn them OFF they ar still available in the N1 Limit page. So what he said is that they dont use TO-1 or TO-2, but the sets an assumed temperature to simulate a higher temp than it really is. Why buying a 26k engine if you would only use 24k? So it's understandable and all companies i know uses the ''Flex'' or ''Assument temp''.

Another idea for a future update : is it possible to implement 8.33 for the COMM1 and COMM2 radios (ie 3 decimals for the frequency)It would be useful for flying online on IVAO (or Vatsim) if we like to tune IVAP's frequency on the radio pedestal (more realistic) and not directly in IVAP's interface.Some ATC frequencies are tuned with three decimals like 127.775.

vpa055.png

if they just landed on it it would be in active. And a lots of ILSs in the world have the same frequency...
Not at all impossible, 108.40 is AMS's VOR frequency, 110.10 is the ILS frequency for 18R. So they could have put the ILS in the standby frequency, and the VOR in the Active. Of course, this reasoning is only valid if the picture was indeed taken at AMS.This picture is not taken "just" after landing though, the seats would no be so far back. The seat has to be in the forward 5 inches of travel during taxi, take-off, landing and, if I'm not mistaken, turbulence. So they could not be on the far end of the J-rails. The seat belts that are not fastened are another clue ;-)