Sign in to follow this  
kjjj11223344

AAL config brake temps

I recently installed hotfix 3, and as such had to reinstall my liveries. Before I did any of this I had the original ngx install, and the AAL livery had the brake temp page when I selected the sys button. Now, I only see some information about the hydraulics and no information about the brake temps when I press the sys button. Is this simply a customer option, or did my livery install incorrectly?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Customer option, selectable in the FMC, IIRC. Can't remember exactly which page, but it's in there... something about Brake Temp...

Customer option, selectable in the FMC, IIRC. Can't remember exactly which page, but it's in there... something about Brake Temp...
Okay, thanks. I noticed that the pmdg site says that the AAL livery now has the correct information, so I will leave it this way. My question now is, how would I check the brake temps without this option?

Alfredo Terrero

You don't? Don't ride the brakes and you should be fine... To be honest, I have no idea... don't think you can without the info...

You don't? Don't ride the brakes and you should be fine... To be honest, I have no idea... don't think you can without the info...
Okay, I appreciate the help.

Alfredo Terrero

When they first released the AAL livery it didn't have the proper configuration. I provided them the most correct one and they then incorporated it in to the download. We actually have two different kinds of HUD in our fleet so I set it up most like the planes that have the HUD that is modeled. Also when I provided the configuration the air stairs were defaulting to yes even if you selected no so the simulation may have them but our planes do not. There are still one or two very minor things that are different in our planes that are not modeled but it's pretty darn close.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

When they first released the AAL livery it didn't have the proper configuration. I provided them the most correct one and they then incorporated it in to the download. We actually have two different kinds of HUD in our fleet so I set it up most like the planes that have the HUD that is modeled. Also when I provided the configuration the air stairs were defaulting to yes even if you selected no so the simulation may have them but our planes do not. There are still one or two very minor things that are different in our planes that are not modeled but it's pretty darn close.
Thanks for the updated config, Tom. I went through the settings, and am surprised to see that AAL's 738s are not ETOPS?

Yes, thanks for providing the correct configurations, it is much appreciated.

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks for the updated config, Tom. I went through the settings, and am surprised to see that AAL's 738s are not ETOPS?
Yeah our 757s do most of the ETOPS flying other airlines are doing with 737s. Of course the company has laid out a vague plan to retire the 757s so I'm interested to see what they do about that. This new big airplane order we made seems to have no specifics or direction so I don't know what to expect.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

You don't have to pay attention to the specific airline config if you don't want to ya know. I setup all my planes the same with the HUGS, Sat Com Antenna, ETOPs, Short Fileld Package, Brake Temps etc. Ie all the bells and whistles. All the options are in there and you can Have it Your Way, Just like Burger King! LOL.gifJust%20Kidding.gif

Of course I can but part of flying a realistic livery is to use the company's options :) Tom, it seems that the AAL 738s are a bit of a mixed breed--some have the Honeywell-analog standbys-round fuel dial while some have the Colins-ISFD-fuel totalizer. Any comments on the current distribution of equipment in the fleet? Ie, which setup would one expect to find when receiving a plane?

without the brake temperature monitor, use the brake cooling schedule and quick turn around limits in the FCOM, kinda fun actually

without the brake temperature monitor, use the brake cooling schedule and quick turn around limits in the FCOM, kinda fun actually
Good idea. I'll try this.

Alfredo Terrero

Thanks for supplying PMDG with the actual options Tom. I hope more real world pilots or those in the know will advise PMDG for the other liveries as needed!