Sign in to follow this  
Gab5328

AI traffic

If you are downloading WOAI packages and using their installer (which you have to use) then you will get FS9 ai flight plans, you can install them into FSX as their woai installer gives you the choice of fs9 or fsx, choose fsx and install the package, once installed you can then use AI Flight Planner to convert the fs9 flight plan into an fsx flight plan, have the ai flight planner append the FSX on the plan so you know for sure it's the converted plan. Once the plan is converted you can delete the fs9 plan or store it somewhere safe on your drive. I just delete mine. I hope that gives you a little more clarity. If not get back to me.
I already have the packages installed and when i run AIFP and goto the FSX/SimObject/Airplanes I don't see any .bgl files , do you mean i need to go to the scenery folder ?

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

ironmaiden, You can get the WOAI installer here: http://www.world-of-...om/packages.php and the packages here: http://www.world-of-ai.com/allpackages.php good luck.
Catmar thanks but I already have them, I did a search with AIFP for traffic files and it found it so I will just convert a few first and definitely update you, thanks a lot.

I downloaded WOAI traffic, then after doing so I discovered that they had to be changed to a different file. To cut a long story short, I couldn't be arsed. Having to download all the different versions blah,blah. Then I began having troible with other things too. I decided to uninstall everything, then I found none of my default traffic worked. Mmmm, it was becaus ethere was one single aircraft that was still in the folder that was FS9 and which was preventing any of the FSX traffic from working. Anyway, I picked up a copy of My Traffic X Lite. It is the simplest of things, just install and it replaces all the default traffic with framerate friendly models that also have the relevent liveries at the correct airports. It was only £18 too! I'm really happy with it, simple and straightforward. It does what it says on the box. If you want something a little more involved and are uptight about flight schedules and so forth then the choice is yours as they say, but if you just want something nice and simple then I can recommend My Traffic X Lite.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

ah you mean WOAI after conversion causes problems.

Yes just go to the scenery/world/scenery folder where traffic files are usually stored. I have never had any problems with WOAI but I'm sure some people have, all I can say is I never had any problems once you know what your doing and you get that be making mistakes lol...good luck I'm sure you will now crack the problem. Clive

ah you mean WOAI after conversion causes problems.
The only problem is that WOAI was designed for FS9 but if you use the converter in AIFP then it will work just fine. Try it, if you're not happy then buy a ready made package. I use WOAI and Ultimate Traffic 2, which is very versitile and does have a steep learning curve because it uses a different method of injecting ai traffic into the simulator. As Rockliffe says you can use the lite packages. WOAI is good if you want to learn how AI flight plans work because it's a little more hands on, but it works just fine.

The only problem is that WOAI was designed for FS9 but if you use the converter in AIFP then it will work just fine. Try it, if you're not happy then buy a ready made package. I use WOAI and Ultimate Traffic 2, which is very versitile and does have a steep learning curve because it uses a different method of injecting ai traffic into the simulator. As Rockliffe says you can use the lite packages. WOAI is good if you want to learn how AI flight plans work because it's a little more hands on, but it works just fine.
I converted those files and put them in the FSX scenery/world folder but when I search again for traffic it finds those same files again. The other question is does the same traffic appear on different airports .

The other question is does the same traffic appear on different airports .
WOAI will give you real-life schedules - the right aircraft appearing at the right airports at the right time. Its only drawback is that it can be laborious, and is not always up to date - as freeware it depends on the time and effort of individuals. UTII, as a payware product, was designed to give real-life schedules 'out of the 'box', although it's having increasing difficulty keeping up to date, with low-cost carriers tending not to publish their schedules to third parties. Another payware, MyTraffic, will give schedules that are representative rather than realistic. In other words, more or less the right airlines at the right airports, but not at the exact times. So you might see Alitalia fly an MD80 into the Isle of Man, a small island between Ireland and England, which they never do in real life; or the European transatlantic flights appearing on the US east coast first thing in the morning, rather than the usual afternoon. However, MyTraffic has the plus that they have more airline coverage than UTII, in other words more planes with the correct livery rather than some default. Also MyTraffic offers the nostalgic option of going back in time, to airports full of Eastern, TWA, Pan American, if you set the appropriate date. Plus they have military aircraft and flights, although of course not real world. As usual, it's horses for courses.

Petraeus

I converted those files and put them in the FSX scenery/world folder but when I search again for traffic it finds those same files again. The other question is does the same traffic appear on different airports .
To answer your questions, in your Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator x/scenery/world/scenery folder you should find the convertered traffic bgl files that youconverted using AIFP provided you have followed the prompts and done it correctly and had AIFP append FSX to the converted traffic files. In that folder you will find you havethe original traffic file and the converted file. You must delete the original traffic files otherwise the ai aircraft will not appear, you must only have the fsx converted files in thatfolder along with the default files that came with your flight simulator. To stop the fictional airlines showing up I just renamed the trafficaircraft.bgl to trafficaircraft.off. Now theonly flights being flown will be the woai flights. Maybe if you don't understand what I am trying hard to say, it would be better if someone with more understanding take over and offer help because I just might cause you todo something that will mess your system up. Either that or you might be better off in buying a traffic application that like MyTraffic X which will do everything for you on the install. I would like to help you more but I just don'tknow how to go about telling you in a better way, If I was there at your computer I could do it with no problems, but doing it over a message board is not very easy as there aretoo many variables. If you wish me to continue please let me know.

To answer your questions, in your Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator x/scenery/world/scenery folder you should find the convertered traffic bgl files that youconverted using AIFP provided you have followed the prompts and done it correctly and had AIFP append FSX to the converted traffic files. In that folder you will find you havethe original traffic file and the converted file. You must delete the original traffic files otherwise the ai aircraft will not appear, you must only have the fsx converted files in thatfolder along with the default files that came with your flight simulator. To stop the fictional airlines showing up I just renamed the trafficaircraft.bgl to trafficaircraft.off. Now theonly flights being flown will be the woai flights. Maybe if you don't understand what I am trying hard to say, it would be better if someone with more understanding take over and offer help because I just might cause you todo something that will mess your system up. Either that or you might be better off in buying a traffic application that like MyTraffic X which will do everything for you on the install. I would like to help you more but I just don'tknow how to go about telling you in a better way, If I was there at your computer I could do it with no problems, but doing it over a message board is not very easy as there aretoo many variables. If you wish me to continue please let me know.
I understand perfectly , no don't worry I can handle my system pretty well :) . In fact what you suggested I have done that but it still says it is the fs9 traffic file. Let me try and download another traffic and check. Report back ETA 15 min.

Just converted a single traffic file now checking . Another thing there is no tracfficaircraft.bgl on my system, the converted traffic is showing up. Will the same traffic be shown in an other airport ? like I fly from VABB (Bombay) and if I fly from hmmmm EHAM (Amsterdam) will this same traffic (Indigo airlines) show up or do I have to select the traffic for that country or airport ?

Hey it worked but I did not see Lufthansa in the airport that is the second traffic file I converted.

With World of AI do you need to download one package per airline?Not sure how it works.
Yes it's one package at a time installer.